Matterson 274 meters

• Really felt for him tonight. Absolutely immense and did not deserve to lose.

One reason I have wanted Robbie and Benji to leave is that I want Matterson to be our leader.

The player everyone associates with us and who young players look at. Not Marshall and his 1/5 magic tricks, but Matterson and his IQ and effort.

We need a half to go with him, but the culture change has to happen. Captain next year and let him have a say in recruitment.

He could be our Sam Burgess type leader, without the dirt.

• @ElleryHanley
    100% agree he was enormous tonight…13 is his to own I reckon.
    6 and 7 next year I have no idea

• If I was him I’d want out …
    Even bide my time in the UK until something came up !
    He’s wasting his time here .

• One of the only players we have in our team that have a feel for the game in defence. His technique is spectacular. It takes 3 players to take one person down, two up the top and one attempting to stop his legs but can’t. Matterson just pulls players down at his own will. I love him. Make him captain. Freak.

• Dude was immense. Tried to put the team on his back with shear effort tonight. Can’t think of a more natural fit for the captaincy moving forward.

• Massive as usual for us. Give him the captaincy

• All I have to say is he is at the wrong club to make rep footy and he is a rep player. The only decent signing since Gareth.

• I don’t know if he has taken his game to the next level since coming here or he just wasn’t shining bright cos of the roosters team is full of stars.

• Matterson doesn’t deserve to have to play for us …we should release him as a show of respect for the bloke

Just a shame our coach couldn’t think outside of the square and think having two running halves will have killed the dogs

• Best buy in the clubs history since Nick Graham…I mean Gareth Ellis. I always get them two mixed up. 😏

• @Madge said in Matterson 274 meters:

I don’t know if he has taken his game to the next level since coming here or he just wasn’t shining bright cos of the roosters team is full of stars.

Hard to say, pretty scary and a huge dose of reality for the Tigers if the latter is true.

• @Trevros said in Matterson 274 meters:

All I have to say is he is at the wrong club to make rep footy and he is a rep player. The only decent signing since Gareth.

That is the sad thing, Tariq Sims got an Origin jersey this year.

Matterson has been ten times the player he has this season.

If Matterson joined the Knights he would have played all three games…

• @Madge He plays a hell of a lot better than those around him and makes an effort. Tonight I had the old fart (he’s been following what he still calls Balmain since the late 50’s much to my annoyance since I’ve always been a Magpie) say they are the laziest team in the comp and I hate to say he is right but he is.

• Unless something huge changes next year and we play well enough to make the top 8, can’t see him sticking around after the third year of his contract. On a positive note, we can look forward to Bryce Cartwright, who is off contract after 2021, taking his place. And for only 800k/year.

• @ElleryHanley said in Matterson 274 meters:

@Trevros said in Matterson 274 meters:

All I have to say is he is at the wrong club to make rep footy and he is a rep player. The only decent signing since Gareth.

That is the sad thing, Tariq Sims got an Origin jersey this year.

Matterson has been ten times the player he has this season.

If Matterson joined the Knights he would have played all three games…

Come to West’s TIgers and “enhance” your career lol

Recent Topics