The late shot!!!

• I once played a game where i kept my eye on the ball carrier, he ran to the line and i engaged him. I flatten him but without the ball. My only intension was to stop him but he passed the ball and try time for them. It’s a tough thing to do for any player knowing they are gunna get hit hard for doing their job. It’s our game whether it be a half or a forward. I’m hating the crack down on players being hit late. So OK softy NRL players earning 6 figured pay checks explain why you can’t handle playing Rugby League. You can always play soccer and drop to the ground at the slightest touch. Remember the Warriors, Remember who are in the hall of fame and those who are about too. None on that list deserves to miss out. Would make one HELL of a footy team. Tigers still have time. By the way my coach yelled out " Why don’t you just give it to them on a silver plater" I did react to that and set up two tries for a win against heavy favorites. HaHa.

• Tonights were the worst I have seen.

If Lewis had of thrown a dummy, what was Garner meant to have done? Stood and waited to check there was no dummy? He had to commit to that tackle.

• @ElleryHanley Exactly. It’s spit second reaction. It’s thier job. I will admit there are grubs who deserve the penalty but don’t make examples of fair play or should i say playing the game of rugby league, cost a player 10 in the bin. Plenty more reasons in a game to send a player for 10 in the bin. You’re alway gunna feel the hurt playing this game. If you can’t handle it don’t play or switch off.

• Disgraceful referring all season

• Think the Smith one was timed at 4/25ths of a second late according to fox. Someone at NRL headquarters has seriously lost the plot

• @Harvey said in The late shot!!!:

Think the Smith one was timed at 4/25ths of a second late according to fox. Someone at NRL headquarters has seriously lost the plot

Yeah, but they painted themselves into a corner with the first ridiculous decision, so no choice.

• Least they were consistent

• @Harvey said in The late shot!!!:

Think the Smith one was timed at 4/25ths of a second late according to fox. Someone at NRL headquarters has seriously lost the plot

Absolutely getting out of hand.

Cronk was legitimately flattened late several times the past few seasons. Thurston also. That’s what happens to the best players, they get roughed up.

I’m all for defending kickers because there’s a very legitimate and avoidable risk - almost always defenders have to advance 15 metres and that gives them ample time to pull out of tackles. It’s further evidenced by how easily most players have modified their style to pressure but not flatten mid-air kickers. I’d argue that late shots on kickers have almost been eradicated and it’s actually brought back the charge-down as a legitimate consistent tactic, when you are focusing more on the ball than the man.

But these at-line pass infringements are farcical. Garner had half a moment to pull out and Chris Smith… dead set if I added up the time it takes for Chris Smith to think (perhaps not the world’s quickest), then determine his body position and speed, then eyes to relay updated visual information, then deliver the message to his muscles to pull out of the tackle - that’s probably 3 or 4 times more time in total than he had available to him at that moment.

If not for the fact that both teams copped it equally last night, I am 99% appalled.

• Make them play in sumo suits …the people who run this game are have no idea …why play these incidents in slow motion …play them at normal speed and then judge …

• Banned

We got stiffed. I don’t care for any apologies this time from Annusly!

• I was amazed that Garner was penalised.

I was dumbstruck that he got sent to the sin bin.

I need to check the thesaurus to find what I am now that he has to face the judiciary!

• There was a photo on Fox.com that showed that the ball was about 40cm from Lewis’ hand when he got hit by Garner.
    Absolute BS.

Recent Topics