Refresh the roster !

The old boys have to he moved on Benji and Rowdy need to finish up this season … next year is a disaster waiting to happen if Benji is a starting half and to be frank an embarrassment for our club !Rowdy is done and taking up a spot .
It is time the people that run this club get there act together as this merry go round of non decisions is killing the club …for gods sake WAKE up ! there is heaps of talent out there FIND some and do your jobs.!!!

It’s not that easy. This isn’t like American sport where you can tell a guy, “sorry mate, we’re sending you to Newcastle”. Once you sign a player, that person can not leave unless both the club and the player agree to void the contract. So guys like Packer and Reynolds likely can’t be moved on.

From what I can tell, 25/30 spots are already filled for next year. If Benji and Lawrence re-sign, that only leaves 3 spaces to sign.

And then there’s the issue of who’s actually available.

If you want a 5/8, you’re gambling on an unknown entity or somebody worse than Benji, Reynolds or Madden: Troy Dargan, Sean O’Sullivan, Sam Williams, Fa’amanu Brown, Cade Cust, Dylan Walker, Billy Walters, Hayze Perham, Te Maire Martin, Jai Field. The only known quantity on this list is Dylan Walker. Jai Field is talented but he could end up a dud under the wrong coaching.

In terms of Lawrence, he won’t be taking up too much salary cap so he’s not the worst option on a one year deal. He’s still a solid defender. In my opinion we should go hard at a couple of the Dragons’ young guns, as McGregor refuses to play them in first grade.

Lachlan Timm is an absolute gun prop who could easily make the step up to first grade. He’s been dominating NSW Cup.

Jackson Ford is another who’s an absolute stat machine as an edge backrower.

If those two are not signed that leaves 5 spots that is the bottom line .

@Snake said in Refresh the roster !:

If those two are not signed that leaves 5 spots that is the bottom line .

And we have no money to sign anyone else, we have at east 12 months before we are in a position to really start to roll over the roster.

Also couldn’t you have kept this in the thread where you were already bagging these players instead of creating a new one?

@cochise no bagging pal just a realist and someone that wants change … the players mentioned are done fact … how’s the finals series panning out for you ?

@Snake said in Refresh the roster !:

@cochise no bagging pal just a realist and someone that wants change … the players mentioned are done fact … how’s the finals series panning out for you ?

No it definitely is bagging when you already had a go at one of them in another thread but felt the need to start another along the exact same lines. As I said in the other thread, in an ideal world this would be Benji’s last year but this is not an ideal world. Our cap is stuffed and we can not afford anyone who would do a better job than Benji or Chris, even if we move on one of the players on big $ 5/8th would not be the priority to strengthen when we have a player who is very good value for money playing there. Benji has been our 2nd best player this year.

We need to try and get rid of a couple of highly paid underperformers, which is extremely unlikely, then smartly strengthen a couple of weaknesses, namely prop and a speedy outside back. Then really start to rebuild our roster for 2021.

last edited by cochise

Honestly we arent far off a good side. Last night we lost 2 top players in effectively 1st 10 minutes which would bugger any team so ignore that.

Outside of that we just need an uograde in 2 or 3 positions and we are a top 4 side

@boonboon The clubs needs to upgrade 5 positions!

@Snake
Look if Reynolds can stay fit he is the way forward for mine. But at the end of the day we Don’t have an organising 7 that can run this team.

Why hasn’t anyone thought of this before

@boonboon said in Refresh the roster !:

Outside of that we just need an uograde in 2 or 3 positions and we are a top 4 side

I love how we tiger fans throw that statement around like we have any evidence to back that up…we haven’t been a top for side for almost a decade! yea right! we’re nowhere near a top 4 side!

maybe that’s the problem - we really like to buy into this “top 4 club” title.

this club is slowly but surely getting their act together, but we are not close to being a top 4 club. we have not earned that right to even pretend we are.

I’d like the club to make a play for Aiden Sezer tbh. Cool head, reliable, experienced and can kick goals. Contracted to the Raiders for next year, but could probably get around that. If the cash was available, surely he wouldn’t be a bad option. So, so sick of Benji. And with Reynolds on the outer, he’d do me.

@rustycage said in Refresh the roster !:

I’d like the club to make a play for Aiden Sezer tbh. Cool head, reliable, experienced and can kick goals. Contracted to the Raiders for next year, but could probably get around that. If the cash was available, surely he wouldn’t be a bad option. So, so sick of Benji. And with Reynolds on the outer, he’d do me.

He has been assigned most of the blame for the Raiders recent poor seasons (the poor/unsettled halves), this year he is a top line first grader. He was dropped earlier this season.

@Harvey said in Refresh the roster !:

@rustycage said in Refresh the roster !:

He has been assigned most of the blame for the Raiders recent poor seasons (poor/unsettled halves), this year he is a top line first grader. He was dropped earlier this season.

Yes, I get that. My thoughts were along the lines of a decent replacement for Marshall with the added goal kicking ability and not breaking the bank.

By not signing those 2 we free up around 300k max. Who do you suggest we fill those 2 spots with at the same price?