Robbie cracked tibia

@WT2K said in Robbie cracked tibia:

Robbie Farah says doctors have told him not to play again … but he says he wants to play through the pain of a broken leg. Full story tonight @9NewsSyd
https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/status/1163303922129227776?s=19

Don’t play, at this stage of career, don’t endanger your long term health. You’ve done enough Robbie.

There’s toughness, then there’s stupidity. Playing on a broken leg when there’s nothing on the line would fall into the latter category.

Well we will be a laughing stock if the club doctor advises Farah not to play and he ends up playing anyway.

1. He won’t be fully fit
  2. He runs a high risk of further injury
  3. Coaching team will look ridiculous
  4. Last game of the season and more than likely a dead rubber.

Please don’t quote me Cronk here.

i feel bad for robbie, i really do he doesnt deserve to go out like this

@TheDaBoss said in Robbie cracked tibia:

He doesn’t need to play and sustain a larger injury which will hamper his ability to live a quality life to prove a point.

What happens if he sustains another injury in the first few minutes. We are short of a player for the full match. Unfair for the other players?

Would be stupid to potentially cripple himself for the sake of one last hurrah. He can walk out onto the field and give everyone a wave, That’s enough. The boys can lift him up and chair him off the field.

He already has a crook back, you don’t want to add a screwed up leg to that for the rest of your life Robbie.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/08/19/press-conference-robbie-farah/

You get the sense that he will play no matter what. It’s instilled in his character and sometimes may get the better of him.

If we let him play, then that is stupidity beyond belief laid solely at the people in charge of this club, like seriously, Robbie should have zero say in any of this.

the club will probably let him play though so we can get another fluff piece of media coverage in the papers. Bore off.

@TheDaBoss said in Robbie cracked tibia:

Yeah, he probably doesn’t, but very few great players go out the way they deserve - like holding the premiership trophy in the air or whatever.

At the end of the day it’s footy and it is just that way sometimes. And the game is bigger than every player…even Robbie.

Speaking selfishly as a fan… If we are out of the finals race by the time the Cronulla game comes around I wouldn’t mind seeing him run around one more time. That being said if he and the club are set about playing then he needs to be able play out the game and contribute. Not just run on and succumb to the injury a few mins into the game.

last edited by BalmainJnr

I had a brainwave…robbie wont have to risk his leg, BECAUSE we will make finals footy, and he can make a return on the first week of finals!

@Zach There is no way Farah will play … could just see him and his manager in the courts suing the club for millions if they let him play and he ruins his leg . In the climate of litigation he will be walking around the oval after the game .

@Madge said in Robbie cracked tibia:

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/08/19/press-conference-robbie-farah/

You get the sense that he will play no matter what. It’s instilled in his character and sometimes may get the better of him.

Its good theatre

If he plays he is selfish , as it’s all about him and not the team
How would everyone feel last game of season , first run few minutes , he comes off injured . He would ruin any chance the team has to get through

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.