Robbie cracked tibia

By round 25 and if wests tigers have no chance of playing in the finals, wouldn’t surprise me one bit, if Robbie is named in the squad, and only comes on to the field with less than 2 min to go in the game.
Full time siren goes and he can walk off Leichhardt Oval in a wests tiger jersey for the final time.

@westTAHger said in Robbie cracked tibia:

By round 25 and if wests tigers have no chance of playing in the finals, wouldn’t surprise me one bit, if Robbie is named in the squad, and only comes on to the field with less than 2 min to go in the game.
Full time siren goes and he can walk off Leichhardt Oval in a wests tiger jersey for the final time.

What an embarrassing way to end, with a token jesture.

@gallagher said in Robbie cracked tibia:

So was is it an embarrassment when Steve Mortimer came on for the final 12 minutes of the 1988 Grand Final?

@cochise said in Robbie cracked tibia:

So was is it an embarrassment when Steve Mortimer came on for the final 12 minutes of the 1988 Grand Final?

That was a token jesture aswell. But in '88 you could have numerous players on the bench and choose which 2 you could use. Mortimer wasn’t taking up a spot if the coach wanted to use another player. I think he was fully fit too.

@cochise said in Robbie cracked tibia:

That was a token jesture aswell. But in '88 you could have numerous players on the bench and choose which 2 you could use. Mortimer wasn’t taking up a spot if the coach wanted to use another player. I think he was fully fit too.

I highly doubt he will play

If we win the next two …I won’t be surprised if he is named in the 21

Whether he plays …different matter

@gallagher yes it may be embarrasing token gesture, but we have all seen stranger things happen.

@gallagher yes it may be embarrasing token gesture, but we have all seen stranger things happen.

For sure. I can see us carrying a bloke with a broken leg on the bench, no-one would raise an eyebrow.

Better than the farewell Liam Fulton received

I feel this ridiculously rubbish rot about Farah playing on with a broken leg is an attempt by him to put a few ++++'s on his record to negate the many - - - -'s he has accrued over the past few years. It’s all about him trying to promote himself into a Club Ambassadorial role next year ☹ .

@Newtown said in Robbie cracked tibia:

Better than the farewell Liam Fulton received

How’d that go?

@MAGPIES1963 said in Robbie cracked tibia:

I feel this ridiculously rubbish rot about Farah playing on with a broken leg is an attempt by him to put a few ++++'s on his record to negate the many - - - -'s he has accrued over the past few years. It’s all about him trying to promote himself into a Club Ambassadorial role next year ☹ .

Bit harsh m8…he is a great player

@TheDaBoss
The comment had nothing to do with on field ability.

Robbie saying he wants to play even if injured, that he would still do a job and help the team, is to be commended. Good on him, every player should want that. Team first.

Remember, he doesn’t decide the team. Coach does, the club does. We are just worried because we know our club is stupid enough to play an injured player. (MBye, 2 weeks ago.)

If our coach and/or club select him to play, at anything less than 100%, then they are the utter fools, not Robbie. I don’t think we’ll make that mistake again, surely…

getagrip is 100% correct @TheDaBoss : my comment had nothing to do with him as a player. I have said many times before he will go down in our club history as one of our greatest ever players and I do admire him for that, only ☺

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.