Was it Momorovski's fault?

Not his fault.he was thrust into the position with Moses’ injury.very unfortunate.he never looked confident.

Wish Garner had of come around a bit closer to the up rights.

It was Marshall’s fault …
Marshall sucks !

Just crazy to even have a poll like this.

Not his fault for me as he was not our first choice kicker and has not had a kick to win like that before… The kick before from the sideline hit the posts as well… Sliding door moment 😀
I was a little disappointed that one of our experienced guys E.g. Benji didn’t go and have a chat to him prior to taking the kick. There really was not enough time to have the kick and get more than 1 or 2 tackle without rushing… I truly believe if they let him take the time and get his nerves / breathing under control he nails it. You could see him rushing it just so they could get a kickoff done… And that’s where we lack… Footy smarts.

@hsvjones said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

Not his fault for me as he was not our first choice kicker and has not had a kick to win like that before… The kick before from the sideline hit the posts as well… Sliding door moment 😀
I was a little disappointed that one of our experienced guys E.g. Benji didn’t go and have a chat to him prior to taking the kick. There really was not enough time to have the kick and get more than 1 or 2 tackle without rushing… I truly believe if they let him take the time and get his nerves / breathing under control he nails it. You could see him rushing it just so they could get a kickoff done… And that’s where we lack… Footy smarts.

x2

there was no need to rush it, if he slotted it quickly, and they got a kickoff done… we would of had 1 play to try and secure a point

unless brooks/benji can land a 80m field goal, i think that we would of been going into GP regardleess

@hsvjones said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

What did you want benji or a senior player to talk to him about? The weather, plans for after the match? Sorry but a top goal kicker loves those moments…it’s all on the kick. So no it’s not his fault because he is not got the personality for it.

He has shown the mental toughness to come back from a poor start and play well in a couple of previous games. Hopefully he does the same after Saturday.

I think he has shown a lot in the last month and leaves me questioning how Jennings got picked in front of him for 3/4 of the season.

never played a team sport clearly

@innsaneink said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

What does that mean???

@Russell said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@innsaneink said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

What does that mean???

He is just saying, how was it Momo’s fault when it is a team sport… everyone contributed to the loss not just Momo (Momo actually played well).

@bathursttiger said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@TheDaBoss said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@bathursttiger said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

I liked it when the ball boy put a consoling hand on his shoulder after he missed the kick.
Nice work ball boy.

was it the ball boy lol

i 100% thought it was Garner when i was watching it live… i had to rage in silence…

Unless Garner has hands the size of a 19 year old, Garner patted him on the back just after the ball boy.

alt text

I’m not a fan of Momo, not at all. Was it his fault? Of course not. That’s just silly.

Sure, I concede he had work to do in his tries lately and did well.

But, otherwise I don’t think he is first grade standard at the moment. He offers nothing in positional play. Nothing in hitting it up early in the count.

It’s my opinion and I haven’t changed my mind lately, but to blame him for that loss is ludicrous. I think the pressure of the kick showed he is Canterbury cup, but I’m not at all blaming him. I hope he keeps going and gets some strength and size and goes hard and proves me wrong.

last edited by Swordy

No way in hell was it his fault. Dude tried his heart out. If we are going to apportion blame for goal kicking lay it squarely at the feet of the front office.

last edited by BalmainJnr