Was it Momorovski's fault?

Poor strategy from our coaches caused a lot of issues

When we had to watch for 50 odd minutes ET’s horrific passing game from dummy half and didn’t consider once not changing it (I’m not having a go at ET either he isn’t a Hooker )

Having a decent back up like we had for 60-70% of the season might have helped

I don’t fault the players at all …they lost the plot for about 10 minutes after HT

But then you have to wonder what did our coaching staff say to them before arguably the most important 40 minutes of our season

@bathursttiger said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@TheDaBoss said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@bathursttiger said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

I liked it when the ball boy put a consoling hand on his shoulder after he missed the kick.
Nice work ball boy.

was it the ball boy lol

i 100% thought it was Garner when i was watching it live… i had to rage in silence…

Unless Garner has hands the size of a 10 year old, Garner patted him on the back just after the ball boy.

This doesnt even deserve a poll.

Poll should be do our fans even Rugby League

last edited by The_Patriot

@Russell said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@innsaneink said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

never played a team sport clearly

What does that mean???

The dude asking the question/poll

Kick goes over and we get to extra time. And we know how that ends 95% of the time for the Tigers.

The comment on the other thread aimed at Momirovski has been brought up on NRL tonight as well as the Mitchell troll

I wonder if they are going to see if they can find the culprit

I didn’t catch all the article

last edited by happy_tiger

@happy_tiger said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

The comment on the other thread aimed at Momirovski has been brought up on NRL tonight as well as the Mitchell troll

I wonder if they are going to see if they can find the culprit

I didn’t catch all

The comment about Momirovski was disgusting and beneath contempt

He missed 2 conversions so in the purest sense, yes, he lost it.

However the side as a collective lost the game with the rubbish they produced for 25 minutes after half time.

@kiwitiger Mate you need to read my post correctly again before you comment… I assume you haven’t played any form of team sport yourself… This guy is in his 6th First grade game, Not the first choice kicker, Under 60 sec left in the game and was always going to rush it thinking the team needs time to get back up the field to have a chance to win… NOW We all know (exclude you) that it was pointless rushing like he did when we would only have about 10 sec with the ball anyway. If there was enough time for another set of 6 that’s a different story and yes maybe rush some.
As a captain (benji) or an experienced guy I think they needed to have a chat to him to explain the situation and no point rushing as ET was good enough considering we were out on our feet anyway and the dogs would of been down a men in the ET period. Sorry but that’s leading a team and and having footy awareness.

@hsvjones totally agree HSV, Benji didn’t cost us the game but for what seems like the Enth Year running he’s not steering us home at the point end of the year. He never did it on his own during ‘05 either. I’d like to think he’s as good as he was in ‘10-11 but he isn’t and we don’t have anywhere near that much quality in the side… one thing we have got is a coach to rival Sheens !

Question - does Chris Smith’s sin bin continue into extra time? I can’t ever recall watching a golden point match where a player was sin-binned after the 70 minute mark.

Not sure I am seeing that this question is even being asked.

He scored two tries from two of the best individual efforts for the club this year and people are saying he cost us the game.

He is a second string kicker, playing out of position (he is a centre not a winger) and a player that more than half the Forum a few weeks ago described him as a plodder and not up to first grade standard.

For those that said that and are now saying or going to say this - you can’t have it both ways.

Well TBH he is our “third string option“ kicker behind Marsters and Mbye so as others have said him missing the kick did not “lose” us the game - we should never have been in the position for that kick to be of consequence

Now the almost criminal fact we have not had a genuine goal kicker in our team for 5(?) years is a completely different matter…

@DieHarder said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

@hsvjones totally agree HSV, Benji didn’t cost us the game but for what seems like the Enth Year running he’s not steering us home at the point end of the year. He never did it on his own during ‘05 either. I’d like to think he’s as good as he was in ‘10-11 but he isn’t and we don’t have anywhere near that much quality in the side… one thing we have got is a coach to rival Sheens !

Prince in 05
Lui in 10’ and 11’

Real half backs, thats what got us to the finals.

@dazza65 said in Was it Momorovski's fault?:

Not sure I am seeing that this question is even being asked.

He scored two tries from two of the best individual efforts for the club this year and people are saying he cost us the game.

He is a second string kicker, playing out of position (he is a centre not a winger) and a player that more than half the Forum a few weeks ago described him as a plodder and not up to first grade standard.

For those that said that and are now saying or going to say this - you can’t have it both ways.

Well TBH he is our “third string option“ kicker behind Marsters and Mbye so as others have said him missing the kick did not “lose” us the game - we should never have been in the position for that kick to be of consequence

Now the almost criminal fact we have not had a genuine goal kicker in our team for 5(?) years is a completely different matter…

Since 2008 when Hodgo left. Big Patty in 2014 and 2015 and thats it.

It was a bad kick, but there’s no guarantee we would have won in extra time and based on our record in that dept. we probably would have lost anyway.

The injuries did the job, we don’t have a roster littered with talent, the loss of players during the game was always going to make things harder.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.