Reynolds

• Reports are saying Reynolds will not be returning to the NRL side even though he is fit ? I do not understand if this is the case , should not the highest paid player in the club be playing and doing what he is paid to do while injury free .
    Maybe jumping the gun but tomorrow will tell… a bit odd though .

• I think he will get a bench spot this week.

• @Snake said in Reynolds:

Reports are saying Reynolds will not be returning to the NRL side even though he is fit ? I do not understand if this is the case , should not the highest paid player in the club be playing and doing what he is paid to do while injury free .
    Maybe jumping the gun but tomorrow will tell… a bit odd though .

It is like I said in the Benji retire thread, if Benji plays again next year he won’t be back up like they say, he will be picked every week, it is a disgraceful decision to one ignore a $700k player, and two give an old timer a free pass every week

• @Madge said in Reynolds:

I think he will get a bench spot this week.

Despite a plethora of injuries, NRL.com understands Josh Reynolds won’t return to the NRL side this week, but instead continue playing Canterbury Cup for the Magpies.

• @851 Is it really disgraceful. Benji was really poor in his last outing excluding giving us the opportunity to draw the game but he has been great the rest of the time. Reynolds hasn’t been good plus he has been injured a lot. Reynolds might be getting paid big dollars but there is no way he is worth big dollars.

• And thats how you force a player to leave the club without dragging his name through the mud re Taylor and Reddy

• @Earl said in Reynolds:

@851 Is it really disgraceful. Benji was really poor in his last outing excluding giving us the opportunity to draw the game but he has been great the rest of the time. Reynolds hasn’t been good plus he has been injured a lot. Reynolds might be getting paid big dollars but there is no way he is worth big dollars.

He is definitely not worth it, but we paid it, Grub was man of the match in 2 of his last 3 games in first grade it’s not as if he has no form.

• @The_Patriot said in Reynolds:

And thats how you force a player to leave the club without dragging his name through the mud re Taylor and Reddy

I hope Grub stands his dig and says he is not leaving, he has every right too, and he is being given a raw deal here in regards to playing NRL at 5/8th, what he was bought for

• @The_Patriot Thats exactly right. Fact is he soaks up way too much cap space and isnt in Madge’s plans. If Reynolds is hungry enough to play first grade again he will look for an opportunity elsewhere. The next two years in CC won’t do much for his bargaining power when he finally comes off contract.

• Im on Reynolds side guys, i like the bloke.

But our coach doesnt want him and this is how it plays out. At least Maguire isnt using the media and other dog tactics to force him out.

• @Roar_Power said in Reynolds:

@The_Patriot Thats exactly right. Fact is he soaks up way too much cap space and isnt in Madge’s plans. If Reynolds is hungry enough to play first grade again he will look for an opportunity elsewhere. The next two years in CC won’t do much for his bargaining power when he finally comes off contract.

He will get about $1.6 million to play CC over the next 2 years, he will be already set up, Grub is a decent bloke and deserves a shot, to tell the bloke he will be behind a 35 year old again next year is not a decent go.
    Give him a shot, put him in the window that is the NRL if you want to sell him, don’t just toss him in CC and forget him, wasting $750k a year

• @851 said in Reynolds:

if Benji plays again next year he won’t be back up like they say

Like who says?

• @cochise said in Reynolds:

@851 said in Reynolds:

Like who says?

Madge, he told Grub things will not be changing next year, meaning Benji will be 6 and Grub will be in CC

• @851 said in Reynolds:

@cochise said in Reynolds:

@851 said in Reynolds:

Like who says?

Madge, he told Grub things will not be changing next year, meaning Benji will be 6 and Grub will be in CC

Sorry misunderstood your post, I thought you were saying that the club had said Benji would be backup next year.

• @cochise said in Reynolds:

@851 said in Reynolds:

@cochise said in Reynolds:

@851 said in Reynolds:

Like who says?

Sorry misunderstood your post, I thought you were saying that the club had said Benji would be backup next year.

All good mate, I said in the other thread I didn’t want Benji playing on next year because he wouldn’t be a back up, he would be picked every week, I said if he was genuinely going to be a back up I could cop him playing another year.
    But that will not be the case from everything I have seen read and heard.

Recent Topics