Be Kind

• @TIGER said in Be Kind:

I have never read anything disgusting about me on social media do you know why?

Because I’m not on it!!!

There’s a good way to make sure you’re never the victim of abuse on social media.
    Imo if you want to be on social media you take the good with the bad, if you can’t handle the bad nobody is forcing you to be on it or read it.

I’ve managed to live for 40yrs without ever needing to be on social media, I get along just fine.

Do you want a medal? What happens if players aren’t on social media and this sort of garbage is still being said about them? Do you not think it still gets reported on?

Because I’m not on it!!!

There’s a good way to make sure you’re never the victim of abuse on social media.
    Imo if you want to be on social media you take the good with the bad, if you can’t handle the bad nobody is forcing you to be on it or read it.

I’ve managed to live for 40yrs without ever needing to be on social media, I get along just fine.

So who wrote this?

• ForumSupporter

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

I’ll give you a tip this forum is social media…whooops…

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

Do you want a medal? What happens if players aren’t on social media and this sort of garbage is still being said about them? Do you not think it still gets reported on?

I’ve already won medals for best at not being on social media 3 years running but if you’ve got another medal for me I’ll have that too.
    The only reason why I’m not on social media is to collect medals for it.

To answer your questions.
    We’re talking about social media attacks here, outside of that you tell me what anyone can do if they’re being verbally attacked.

Yes it probably still gets reported on.
    But I’m pretty sure the amount of abuse online compared to face to face there’s no comparison.

• @Tiger_Steve said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

So who wrote this?

Me…

@Cultured_Bogan said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

I’ve already won medals for best at not being on social media 3 years running but if you’ve got another medal for me I’ll have that too.

We’re talking about social media attacks here, outside of that you tell me what anyone can do if they’re being verbally attacked.

But I’m pretty sure the amount of abuse online compared to face to face there’s no comparison.

You do use social media

• @Geo said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

I’ll give you a tip this forum is social media…whooops…

I don’t consider it to be, to me social media is Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter etc.
    Where people are pretty much documenting every hour of their lives, posting videos, photos having multiple platforms linked, building an online alter ego/profile.

Nobody knows me as Tiger outside of this forum. In fact nobody on this forum knows me at all in real life.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

You do use social media

Well I better hand my medals back then.

@GNR4LIFE said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

You do use social media

Well I better hand my medals back then.

Fraud! You’re like the Sun Yang of the Internet…

Because I’m not on it!!!

Gotta give it to you, in that you are bold in your statements, even if I think they are ridiculous, but this one takes the cake as a clanger. Serious question, what do you think this forum is, if not social media?

• Banned

@formerguest said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

Gotta give it to you, in that you are bold in your statements, even if I think they are ridiculous, but this one takes the cake as a clanger. Serious question, what do you think this forum is, if not social media?

It’s not. Users are anonymous and we don’t share pics of our kids or latest food selfies.

I don’t know anyone on this forum from a bar of soap.

• Jesus, some people are petty.

We all know the guy meant social media as in FB/ twitter / insta etc… why focus on that? also I think it could be said that a traditional internet forum or message board would not be classed as social media.

• ForumSupporter

@tigerbalm said in Be Kind:

Jesus, some people are petty.

We all know the guy meant social media as in FB/ twitter / insta etc… why focus on that? also I think it could be said that a traditional internet forum or message board would not be classed as social media.

Disagree,

forms of electronic communication (as Web sites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (as videos)

1.a network of friends, colleagues, and other personal contacts:

2.Digital Technology.
    an online community of people with a common interest who use a website or other technologies to communicate with each other and share information, resources, etc.:
    a business-oriented social network.
    a website or online service that facilitates this communication.

In essence this forum ticks all boxes…

No where anonymity comes into it… in fact the anonymity lets people let out there keyboard heroism a lot easier than perhaps they would if they weren’t anonymous

Things posted on here could have an adverse effect on players as pointed out in the original post…

• @formerguest said in Be Kind:

@TIGER said in Be Kind:

Because I’m not on it!!!

A rugby league teams forum

• @Geo

Seems like a wiki cut n paste.

Dig a bit deeper than the first result you googled and have a read. I dont think its that cut and dry. Especially when you look at the differences between social media and social network.

My humble opinion, a message board, much like a town crier reading out the village notices in a town square 300 years ago is not what people think of when discussing Social Media which gets me back to my point in that its petty to jump on a guy cause he is happy thinking he was not using social media.

Meh. Not even the off season yet.

Recent Topics