James Gavet the latest player who wants out of Knights

By The Mole
3 hours ago
James Gavet is the latest player wanting out of the Newcastle Knights. The Samoan Test prop has been a success in his maiden season with the club, playing 18 games to date. But at 29 and with one season to run on his contract, Gavet is looking to secure a three-year deal on big money in England to end his career.

With fellow prop Herman Ese’ese set to quit the club, the Knights want to keep Gavet but face the problem of trying to hang on to a player who doesn’t want to be there. The Knights, local media and the player himself are likely to deny there is an issue - just as they did when I wrote that Jesse Ramien wanted out back in April.

But English clubs have been made aware of Gavet’s situation and several are desperate for a strike forward. The Knights are in troubled waters, having lost seven of their last eight games and with Ramien and now possibly Gavet on the move.

Let him go to the UK.

This could make them keep Ese’ese though

Hope James is keeping it on the straight and narrow with his addiction issues

He’s a lunatic and a loose cannon, would do well in ESL.

I hope the ESL clubs see Packer as an option too

For all his enthusiasm when carting the ball up Gavet does not bend the line at all…He is also lazy in D

@tigerap said in James Gavet the latest player who wants out of Knights:

For all his enthusiasm when carting the ball up Gavet does not bend the line at all…He is also lazy in D

That bench we had of Taupau, Ava, Jesse Sue and Gavet was top power, top brawn… terrific for the opening 8 weeks of season 2014 and then fell away. Precisely as you say, lazy in D, lack of stamina, could not keep the performances going for 24 rounds.

Only Marty Taupau could keep his form up, the others had a few seasons in starting line-ups but have drifted back to benches or reserve grade or worse.

@tigerap I didn’t think Packer would get a visa due to his past criminal conviction??

last edited by Roar_Power

@Roar_Power said in James Gavet the latest player who wants out of Knights:

@tigerap I didn’t think Packer would get a visa due to his past criminal conviction??

Oh yeah…how about France?..Carney got in

@tigerap Yep lets send him to France 👍

Oh yeah…how about France?..Carney got inj

Manu Ma’a will send a postcard next year

Gavet = Been there done that.

Oui!

@Bula said in James Gavet the latest player who wants out of Knights:

Oui!

You spelt that wrong.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.