Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 22

@willow said in Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 22:

@TheDaBoss said in Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 22:

I think it went unnoticed but the Flegg boys got another win - rolled the Thunderbolts 28-8.

any standouts?

Didn’t see the game - I was on the gun range…

Was Todd in your sights?

@bathursttiger said in Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 22:

@TheDaBoss said in Jersey Flegg Team Announcement: Round 22:

I think it went unnoticed but the Flegg boys got another win - rolled the Thunderbolts 28-8.

any standouts?

Didn’t see the game - I was on the gun range…

Was Todd in your sights?

Probably best I don’t answer that one!

I agree with your assessment of the game, fenn Was good , and isn’t overly fit in my opinion will get better over the off season , Shondre lee very good again, Ngati looked dangerous in attack, little nugget, Dillon standing too far back and when a miss kick happens like Saturday you are going to get caught out, but gee he show some toe in that first break, never slow down young man and wait for your support, just pin the ears and take the fullback on, especially with your pace, and good strength late in the game to hold off a few defenders and flick the late pass for Ngati too score. Hopefully a few off these boys will at least get a nrl preseason next year to really bring on there physical development.

@Thaiger the effort in defense was great considering the boys only had 44% possession. I’m impressed with Ngati and Main both playing big minutes in the middle working hard in defense (30 and 28 tackles respectively). The starting front rowers were both solid but I though Lealuga-Puhotau had a better game than Fenn on the day i.e. Fenn 10 carries for 94 meters and Lealuga-Puhotau 10 carries 148 meters. One of the Thunderbolts tries had a shocking bounce, not alot Dillion could have done there imo. Maybe the rest of the team need to stay switched on when a kick goes up. More mistakes than previous weeks but the effort was still there. Still a chance to make the 8 with a win over the Warriors in NZ. Hopefully the Raiders can do us a favour and beat the Dragons! The dream is still alive!

@KeepitReal Agree about the defence despite some defensive lapses up the middle. I am sure this will be addressed this week as will the error rate.

Secondly, I would like to see all our players attack the ball on the full. Dillon a massive talent, matchwinner and maybe coached to let it bounce I’m not sure. Funnily enough quite often even the NRL players adopt the same approach these days but personally I am old school.

In any case, you are right. We hung in there where we probably had an off day compared to recent weeks and still won well.

Hopefully the boys will have a good win and the others will do the right thing for us! Whatever happens the season has finished off very strongly with a good string of wins which is a credit to the team and coaching staff.

@Thaiger I agree that catching the ball on the full is the go. Maybe Dillion could have reacted a bit quicker but I think it was a bit of a miss kick, which caught him off guard. Then the shocker of a bounce gave him no chance. My point was more around our winger and possibly centre getting back to help out, stay alive on all kicks because the Thunderbolts second rower certainly didn’t relax. Whatever happens it’s been a much better season than last season with a lot of the same kids playing. I really hope they win 6 in a row. Dangerous game as the Warriors have nothing to play for. I think the Flegg side deserve to make the 8 but time will tell. The promising thing is they’ve won 5 in a row having 6 or 7 eligible u20s playing reggies, not to mention injuries!

The dream is still alive!

number 17 and number 12 r built like tanks

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.