Wests Tigers Team v Manly

• @Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

@hobbo1 said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

As expected …
    Bench is crap

lol just the bench…selling yourself short…

Lay off the cordial old timer !
    😁

• Get stuck in lads, nows your chance

• Anyone who really thought grub was a chance, I got a nice wooden horse that can outrun Winx I can sell you.

• G’day @hobbo1: it’s not just the bench that is crap, it’s the whole friggin team ☠ except for Matterson ✌

• ForumSupporter

@GNR4LIFE said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

Anyone who really thought grub was a chance, I got a nice wooden horse that can outrun Winx I can sell you.

Reynolds been named to play Reserve grade so he doesn’t get injured…

• @MAGPIES1963 ur crap, Hobbo is crap
    OUR TEAM IS birds droppings, the most annoying kinda fieces

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

@Harvey McIntyre is a good hard Novocastrian forward. He is another player who has incrementally improved and I expect he will continue to improve when given a go in the NRL.

And is now at the standard of bog average reserve grader

• @Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

@GNR4LIFE said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

Anyone who really thought grub was a chance, I got a nice wooden horse that can outrun Winx I can sell you.

Reynolds been named to play Reserve grade so he doesn’t get injured…

I was just repeating what I read on here. Take it up with the OP

• I think we’re a good chance. Manky hit a bit of a purple patch but they aren’t that great

• Tigers by 6

• Get to know Tommy Talau!
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Tue 13 Aug 2019, 03:59 PM

Tommy Talau will become the 225th player to represent Wests Tigers after he was named to make his first-grade debut this Thursday against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

The 19-year-old has been named at centre for Wests Tigers this weekend, replacing captain Moses Mbye who has been ruled out with a hip flexor injury.

Talau is the third player to make his first-grade debut in 2019 under Coach Michael Maguire, following Thomas Mikaele (Rd.1) and Oliver Clark (Rd.9) earlier this year.

Talau is also the son of former New Zealand international centre Willie Talau, who had an illustrious rugby league career throughout his time with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (1998-2003), St. Helens (2003-08) and Salford (2009-10).

A Moorebank Rams junior, Talau joined Wests Tigers ahead of the 2019 season after starring for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs’ SG Ball team in 2018.

Playing primary at five-eighth, he ended the season as the team’s leading try-scorer and guided the Bulldogs to a Grand Final appearance before earning individual selection in the NSW U/18 and Australian Schoolboys squads.

Once at Wests Tigers, Talau began the year on a Development contract and playing with the club’s Jersey Flegg side but was quickly promoted to the Canterbury Cup competition. Since playing for the Magpies in Round 5, Talau has averaged over 100 metres and four tackle breaks per game while also scoring four tries in nine games.

The 19-year-old was promoted to the club’s full-time squad prior to the June 30 deadline and was soon included in the 21-man squad by Maguire as he drew closer to his first-grade debut — featuring as 18th Man in the past few matches before eventually earning his shot following an injury to Mbye in Round 21.

Tall and strong with great deception close to the line, Talau will feature at left centre inside Paul Momirovski, who has scored four tries in his past three matches.

PLAYER PROFILE: TOMMY TALAU
    Date of Birth 3rd April, 2000
    Height 189cm
    Weight 95kg
    Position Centre, Five-Eighth
    Junior Club Moorebank Rams
    Rep. Honours NSW U/18’s (2018), Australian Schoolboys (2018)

• Sorry but I can’t see this going any other way than Manly 13+.
    Really hope I’m wrong though.

• @WT2K said in Wests Tigers Team v Manly:

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Chris Butler
    Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Lowe

There goes any chance of a fair game…

• God that front row is just so green! Up against Taupau, Koroisau & Fonua-Blake 😖

Brookvale, Turbo, his brother, DCE and Taupau etc - we’re gonna get creamed!

• Talau has been playing right Centre in CC all year.
    With Masters playing left at times and also for NZ I doubt we’ll see Talau line up on the left.
    Then again there maybe some defensive frailties on that right side if so between Marshall and Nofo
    Still not sure Momirovski and Brooks is much better…

Recent Topics