Dive Brooksy Dive

• The NRL have created a massive problem with the late hits on ball passers and the Garner suspension.

Weren’t we all taught to pressure the halfback and knock him down every time he passes.
    I mean late hits are foul play, always have been.
    But now there is basically no leeway like the old 'he was committed to the tackle", “he couldn’t pull out” etc.
    There has to be some reasonable consideration for the tacklers timing.

I can assure you that the coaches and halves will use this to their advantage.
    Cronk’s been taking dives on these for 18 months and we will see a heap more.
    Remember Aloiai got suspended for a touch and go late hit on Cronk.
    Cronk took a dive and stayed down for a while until the penalty was blown and then he miraculously jumps to his feet and shakes it off and plays on. He learnt this ploy some time ago.

Its simple Brooksy, - Run to the line, turn your back and hold the pass up until last second, let it fly and then take a dive after the tackler hits you. Whooshka - Penalty Tigers! Oh and 10 in the bin for the tackler plus a weeks suspension, WTF!

Watch it slowly become part of the game, just like the defender taking a dive with any contact from the decoy runner.

Its just embarrassing for Greenburg and the NRL. Its a contact sport and the rule has been in place for late hits for as long as I can remember. Stop stuffing our game NRL and rule, adjudicate and punish within the rules. Stop tampering.

• 'cept Brooks would not get away with it.

Croft, Reynolds, Cronk, Turpin, maybe even Cleary but not Brooks.

• Brooks would be charged by the MRC for bringing the game into disrepute.The NRL is “Fair not equal”

• Brooks run to the line… bahaaaaaa

• Brooks dive… execute mid air- backward-pike spin, than nail the landing…

• I have no problem with strategic diving. It has been a part of the game forever. Just don’t make it look so obvious like the Italian soccer team or that Brazilian bloke (Neymar?)…

• @2005magic said in Dive Brooksy Dive:

I have no problem with strategic diving. It has been a part of the game forever. Just don’t make it look so obvious like the Italian soccer team or that Brazilian bloke (Neymar?)…

• @TIGER he does it more than most halfbacks

• @TIGER said in Dive Brooksy Dive:

Brooks run to the line… bahaaaaaa

Don’t know which Brooks you’re been watching because ours constantly takes the line on, to the point some people on here think his forgotten how to pass the ball.

Recent Topics