What should WT do?

If Farah does not take up his post retirement position at WT as proffered by Pascoe that had us fined and financially penalised for 2 seasons. Do we sue the NRL to retrieve the financial penalty?

@2005magic said in What should WT do?:

If Farah does not take up his post retirement position at WT as proffered by Pascoe that had us fined and financially penalised for 2 seasons. Do we sue the NRL to retrieve the financial penalty?

I think we should

It would be very embarrasing for the NRL, make it happen…

Got to say, I’d be seeing NRL in court and also having the $$$ if successful added to our salary cap not just included in it as part of the settlement. NRL dud us in 2019-20, why should we, if successful in getting $$$ back just have it included in existing cap and gain no benefit?

i.e Salary cap is $9.4m I think, if successful we get XXX dollars added to the $9.4m not just included in the $9.4.

If Farah doesn’t take up the appointment next year I would at least expect the club to front the NRL about having the full amount of the cap restored for next year. The fine should stand as we did stuff up reporting. And there isn’t much that can be done now about Pascoes suspension.

@diedpretty Agree fine for circumstances and Pascoe suspension would stand as we have admitted ‘guilt’ but if the event does not happen we should fight to get financial penalty restored.

There is no way in hell, Farah won’t be there as ambassador next year. Put your house on it.

@Russell said in What should WT do?:

There is no way in hell, Farah won’t be there as ambassador next year. Put your house on it.

Correct, let’s concentrate on becoming a successful club in all aspects instead.

I think it’s irrelevant what Farah does… The offer /inducement was there, it’s what we’re punished for regardless of what faff does… Might be wrong

The club should of went for the throat from the start … Ms Go was up for it look how that turned out … nothing to see here the horse has bolted .One day someone will draw the line at the NRL wiping there feet on our jersey .

@innsaneink said in What should WT do?:

I think it’s irrelevant what Farah does… The offer /inducement was there, it’s what we’re punished for regardless of what faff does… Might be wrong

You’re right…

last edited by Geo

@innsaneink said in What should WT do?:

Spot on ink!

@Russell said in What should WT do?:

Farah could do anything. He has given no commitment anywhere publicly- he might even want to travel for a year or so and get his post retirement plans sorted later with no pressure.

Surely he could still have an unpaid ambassador role for us?

We’ll have to ask Politis how he distributes his brown paper bags…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme