1.5 mill for Ponga?

• I say No.
    Because it just leaves the cupboard bare and one player taking up that much cap just weakens the rest of the squad.

He’d have to pretty much win you a fair share of games off his own bat to justify that sort of coin and as good as he is, I don’t think he’s capable of that and having that sort of pressure on anyone is going to wear them down eventually.

• 500k too much.
    Possibly a million a season player. 1.5 is just pure greed and not in any teams best interest.

Come to think of it. If JT is on a million a season he is a bargain.
    Ponga 750k-800k max

• Yeh let’s do what Dragons did…spend way too much money on a player that plays a lot of game time (in this case 80 mins) and in a position that is key…and could also get injured a lot…so, who cares let’s buy Ben Hunt, he’ll be a good buy they said, and they not dancing at the bottom of the ladder

• Per season? No. I don’t think anyone should earn more than $1M or just slightly over.

• @Matto said in 1.5 mill for Ponga?:

Yeh let’s do what Dragons did…spend way too much money on a player that plays a lot of game time (in this case 80 mins) and in a position that is key…and could also get injured a lot…so, who cares let’s buy Ben Hunt, he’ll be a good buy they said, and they not dancing at the bottom of the ladder

Comparing Ben Hunt to Ponga is like comparing a Datsun to a Ferrari.

• Not unless there are some super sized brown paper bags involved

• He’s a little weirdo tbh…
    Will comment no more on that publicly but if anyone’s interested DM me for the goss.

Anyone, he’s good but only sticks to one side of the field.
    Too predictable.

He’s nowhere near as good as Tedesco or Turbo … or Mbye … 😂 😂

• You have to bring into account what that money would bring an organisation …for a club like the Tigers probably not much , but a club in the top bracket huge money … corporate … sponsorship… membership … media exposure . 1.5 is chump change for the return this player could garner ! Ponga is s genuine x factory star and a once in a decade individual, he will get that money if he continues to improve or he goes to rugby and gets the World Cup and the 1.5 mill.

• The maximum I would pay for any player in this current market (excluding Jason Taumalolo) is $1.2m a season. I’d happily offer Ponga $1m a season and nothing more.

• @Snake said in 1.5 mill for Ponga?:

You have to bring into account what that money would bring an organisation …for a club like the Tigers probably not much , but a club in the top bracket huge money … corporate … sponsorship… membership … media exposure . 1.5 is chump change for the return this player could garner ! Ponga is s genuine x factory star and a once in a decade individual, he will get that money if he continues to improve or he goes to rugby and gets the World Cup and the 1.5 mill.

But does corporate sponsorship and memberships etc do anything to the salary cap issue and the fact that the rest of your squad suffers because one player is eating up a big percentage of the cap?

Does corporate sponsorship and memberships = 2 points on game day and eventually premierships?

Paying one player that percentage of your cap means you can’t afford to fill the rest of your roster with quality players, Ponga can’t do it all on his own.

• @TIGER What cap ! … heard of third party deals ! You know the deals that corporates and the top clubs are involved with . The corporates get huge exposure thru free media and the club gets the extra $$ from increased memberships … and the team gets one great player 1.5 peanuts !

• ForumSupporter

Tell Pongo he’s dreamin…

• Banned

@Geo yeah ! No thanks Kalyn, i’d rather a lifetime supply of Nicho Hynes baked beans

• @jirskyr said in 1.5 mill for Ponga?:

Per season? No. I don’t think anyone should earn more than $1M or just slightly over.

Agree. This goes for all sports and all professions. 😀 1mil is more than enough!
    It’s the new jirskyr economy… and I like it!

Recent Topics