Hooker stocks remaining year and next.

With Tommy Talau having a decent game he could easily cover that left (or right) centre spot next year.
With Brooks or Mbye on big contracts and kinda not providing value for money I really think we should look at playing one as hooker next year.
One plays five eight next to benji the other plays hooker.
My preference would be Mbye at 5/8 and Brooks at Hooker.
Brooks will most likely be suspended next week which means we will be playing Grub and Benji in the halves vs the Knights.
There is no way we want to put Grub at Hooker, it would be the end of him.
Brooks on the other hand is a tough hombre and in the middle with less shapes running towards him his defence would stand up.
If I was coach I would spend the off season prepping him for this move next year.
Could really be the making of him.

@Needaname I have seen worse suggestions

Bully Luke Minimum deal.

Simple, let Benji retire and get a hooker

@TYGA said in Hooker stocks remaining year and next.:

Bully Luke Minimum deal.

I agree Isaac Luke is looking good right now…

@Geo If only Ballin had 2 good legs…he would still be playing…how old would he be now 34?

Actually don’t mind the idea of trying Brooks at 9. He’s solid in defense, maybe a new role is what he needs.
He’s not getting any better at 7

Someone needs to head down to King’s …

Can’t we bring in Matt Ballin out of retirement for 3 games under the “we ran out of hookers rule “ ?

@hobbo1 said in Hooker stocks remaining year and next.:

Can’t we bring in Matt Ballin out of retirement for 3 games under the “we ran out of hookers rule “ ?

Saw him behind Dessie in the coaches box…gave away our secrets…

Forget the rest of ‘19. It’s not important who plays 9. My guess probably ET with maybe, just maybe grub on the bench. 2020 is the concern. If Liddle has done the ACL as Madge suggested, then that is his whole pre season gone, and another season lost with him coming back from a serious injury. Doesn’t look like the club has many options. Well, none from inside the club that are viable. Don’t talk about Simpkin, he won’t be ready in 2020. There was a rumour that we baulked at Kaurisau asking price a few weeks ago. We may have to go back grovelling to him. That’s if he hasn’t signed with the Bulldogs.

Emergency S.O.S call to Mainaia Cherrington?

@Demps said in Hooker stocks remaining year and next.:

Might be worth an inquiry- along with Lichaa. Taking up a spot though is a tough call unless we can unload someone. Lawrence would be looking like a obvious one not to re-sign. I’d also be looking at any medical options we might have of getting out of Liddle’s contract extension- cant be nice anymore- we are in cap crisis and squad crisis situation.

@2005magic said in Hooker stocks remaining year and next.:

Might be worth an inquiry- along with Lichaa. Taking up a spot though is a tough call unless we can unload someone. Lawrence would be looking like a obvious one not to re-sign. I’d also be looking at any medical options we might have of getting out of Liddle’s contract extension- cant be nice anymore- we are in cap crisis and squad crisis situation.

No idea what medical options you are referring to. His injury is our tough luck unfortuntely.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@GNR4LIFE said in Hooker stocks remaining year and next.:

@2005magic said in Hooker stocks remaining year and next.:

No idea what medical options you are referring to. His injury is our tough luck unfortuntely.

Basically- have the legal eagles go over things to see if we have any escape…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme