Ryan James

• I read something somewhere that Titans are shopping him and Proctor around, Ryan James imo has the potential to be the best prop in the game and has shown that at times

As made obvious in recent weeks we lack leadership in the forwards besides Matterson, with acquring James instantly our pack looks better

Maybe we offer them Mbye in a potential trade package with Gordon retiring

Remember hearing he use to be a tigers fan too from memory

Alex Twal
    Ryan James
    Thomas Mikaele
    Josh Alioia

One simple signing makes our prop rotation look class with the exception of Packer and Mats which both combine at around 1.2 million

Thoughts?

• He was a Tigers fan? We’re a shoe in now

• James goes alright in the backrow also

• he is 28, decent age

• @GNR4LIFE great to see you continue to be the shining light of the forum, just thought it would be good to factor in

• Just coming off an acl injury. I’d be cautious

• Banned

I like your idea but let’s throw the bank at Arrow to lead with Matterson. James is past it so he’d definitely fit our criteria , lol
    Good leader on his day

• @DieHarder said in Ryan James:

I like your idea but let’s throw the bank at Arrow to lead with Matterson. James is past it so he’d definitely fit our criteria , lol
    Good leader on his day

That would be ideal, Matto to go back on the edge with Arrow at lock

• @WT2K agree with your point, however I think this opens a door of being able to offer a good valued contract based of the fact he’s coming back from an injury like that

• Banned

@851 E.T, back to bench/CC strictly as a decent backup and then look for maybe a powerful/80 minute worker to play on another edge and have only one of MCK or Lawrence on bench…

It’s relatively possible with respect to the cap situation and then obviously the position of main weakness would be centres, not to mention Hooker now after the debacle aye… I’d be tempted to lock up either Capewell or Ramien if we fail on the above players

Versatile and good 80 minute performers - seems to be what we always lack in.

• @DieHarder said in Ryan James:

@851 E.T, back to bench/CC strictly as a decent backup and then look for maybe a powerful/80 minute worker to play on another edge and have only one of MCK or Lawrence on bench…

It’s relatively possible with respect to the cap situation and then obviously the position of main weakness would be centres, not to mention Hooker now after the debacle aye… I’d be tempted to lock up either Capewell or Ramien if we fail on the above players

Ramien and Capewell would improve us, but with only 2 spots left we are in a corner, that was why I said Benji’s spot needed to go to another position, especially now Liddle is hurt again.
    With Grub, Madden, MBye, Talau and even Matterson we can get by at 6, we have holes to fill all over the squad.
    People saying Benji is cheap we have to re-sign him, and he is, but being cheap does not help the overall balance of the roster, with a 5/8th not top priority with only 2 spots left, plus Brooks and Benji is not an NRL standard halves combo anyway

• @851 said in Ryan James:

@DieHarder said in Ryan James:

Ramien and Capewell would improve us, but with only 2 spots left we are in a corner, that was why I said Benji’s spot needed to go to another position, especially now Liddle is hurt again.
    With Grub, Madden, MBye, Talau and even Matterson we can get by at 6, we have holes to fill all over the squad.
    People saying Benji is cheap we have to re-sign him, and he is, but being cheap does not help the overall balance of the roster, with a 5/8th not top priority with only 2 spots left, plus Brooks and Benji is not an NRL standard halves combo anyway

Can’t re-sign Lawrence either if we’re being honest… with two spots available. We have other needs with limited wiggle room.

• @teddy23 said in Ryan James:

@GNR4LIFE great to see you continue to be the shining light of the forum, just thought it would be good to factor in

It’s a completely pointless fact. He’s a professional athlete, not a mug like us. Sorry, to be brutally honest.

• Yes from me. He killed us couple of times we played them.

• @teddy23 said in Ryan James:

@WT2K agree with your point, however I think this opens a door of being able to offer a good valued contract based of the fact he’s coming back from an injury like that

If we can make it work with our cap and titans covering a fair chunk of the remainder of his deal, worth considering at least.

Recent Topics