Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion

Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion
By The Mole
an hour ago

A Tigers fan put up a post on twitter over the weekend expressing his concern over the hooking spot, with Robbie Farah retiring and Jacob Liddle set to miss the start of the season after suffering a serious knee injury this round.

The fan - with a screen handle of @CastTiger - speculated: “Wonder if (Michael) Maguire would look at Issac Luke for a year?”

Luke soon replied from his official account: “I would come in a heart beat.”

The Warriors have three players who can play hooker - Karl Lawton, Jazz Tevaga and Nathaniel Roache - on long-term deals and are believed to be happy to cut the 32-year-old Luke loose.

Maguire may well consider signing Luke to give him an experienced hooker for the start of 2020.

Absolute no brainer this one.

@GNR4LIFE said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

Absolute no brainer this one.

I agree, but we as a club are generally no brainers, so it probably wont happen

last edited by 851

At 32. I have my doubts. If we do then please only 1 year max.

2 year deal with the second being a club option

@WT2K you would expect him to want two years with moving his family across.

@WT2K said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

2 year deal with the second being a club option

I could deal with that.

@rex2ce said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

@WT2K you would expect him to want two years with moving his family across.

Most probably. Just a suggestion. Since we don’t have a great record with older players coming here…

He is injured a lot

How far off is Simpkins?

2021 at the earliest perhaps?

last edited by guyofthetiger

Rather not have him - but if we do then max 1 year for mine.

Could be a disaster at his age.

@Russell said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

Who do you think would be a better hooker to sign Russ? There’s not a lot of options out there.

He fits the model of our dud purchases in every way:

Old ✅
Can’t win you a game in the last 10mins ✅
Ill disciplined ✅
Injury prone ✅
Likely to end up in reserve grade on an NRL salary ✅
A good guy to have around the dressing room ✅
Inconsistent ✅

Please, no more…

@guyofthetiger said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

He fits the model of our dud purchases in every way:

Old ✅
Can’t win you a game in the last 10mins ✅
Ill disciplined ✅
Injury prone ✅
Likely to end up in reserve grade on an NRL salary ✅
A good guy to have around the dressing room ✅
Inconsistent ✅

Please, no more…

He can kick goals though…so he breaks the model 😉

@avocadoontoast said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

@Russell said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

Who do you think would be a better hooker to sign Russ? There’s not a lot of options out there.

I agree Avo, however there are only 7 off contract after Segeyaro signed with the Donkeys - Kurt Baptiste, Billy Brittain, Sione Katoa, Michael Lichaa, Issac Luke, Matt McIlwrick and Zac Woolford.

With Liddle out for at least half of next season I think we need someone with NRL experience at DH - this counts out Brittain and Woolford and dodgy knees rule out McIlwrick,

That leaves Luke (who I ruled out), Katoa, Lichaa and Baptiste.

If I had to choose - on a one year deal only (I might add) I would go with Baptiste.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.