Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion

@guyofthetiger Have you meet Liddle ? He plays more than Liddle does and will want to prove something… Yes for me as not a lot of money

To those saying that Luke is too old, think how old Farah is. Luke would be be an experienced international hooker and would also be the best goal kicker Wests Tigers have had for a long time.

@Newtown said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

To those saying that Luke is too old, think how old Farah is. Luke would be be an experienced international hooker and would also be the best goal kicker Wests Tigers have had for a long time.

We don’t need another Gerry imo - whether he kicks or not.

@Russell said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

@avocadoontoast said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

@Russell said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

Rather not have him - but if we do then max 1 year for mine.

Could be a disaster at his age.

Who do you think would be a better hooker to sign Russ? There’s not a lot of options out there.

I agree Avo, however there are only 7 off contract after Segeyaro signed with the Donkeys - Kurt Baptiste, Billy Brittain, Sione Katoa, Michael Lichaa, Issac Luke, Matt McIlwrick and Zac Woolford.

With Liddle out for at least half of next season I think we need someone with NRL experience at DH - this counts out Brittain and Woolford and dodgy knees rule out McIlwrick,

That leaves Luke (who I ruled out), Katoa, Lichaa and Baptiste.

If I had to choose - on a one year deal only (I might add) I would go with Baptiste.

Based on those options I think Luke is a no brainer at the right price. 2 years and then hopefully Simpkin will be ready to take over.

@Newtown said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

We don’t need another Gerry imo - whether he kicks or not.

Bringing Farah back worked out ok. If we didn’t we would have had Taylor there.

@avocadoontoast said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

Who do you think would be a better hooker to sign Russ? There’s not a lot of options out there.

I agree Avo, however there are only 7 off contract after Segeyaro signed with the Donkeys - Kurt Baptiste, Billy Brittain, Sione Katoa, Michael Lichaa, Issac Luke, Matt McIlwrick and Zac Woolford.

With Liddle out for at least half of next season I think we need someone with NRL experience at DH - this counts out Brittain and Woolford and dodgy knees rule out McIlwrick,

If I had to choose - on a one year deal only (I might add) I would go with Baptiste.

Based on those options I think Luke is a no brainer at the right price. 2 years and then hopefully Simpkin will be ready to take over.

Obviously you have shafted Liddle.

I haven’t, I’m looking at him regaining his spot as number one hooker when he is back on deck. That’s the difference I guess.

@hsvjones

So we should replace someone who never plays with someone who rarely plays?

Lol it doesnt matter who we sign, people still wont be happy

I dont actually care who we sign, as i trust in Madge

Obviously you have shafted Liddle.

I haven’t, I’m looking at him regaining his spot as number one hooker when he is back on deck. That’s the difference I guess.

Yep I’ve given up on Liddle completely. I think he’s reasonably good when he’s fit but that’s not often. Luke for 2 years then Simpkin would be my plan.

@Russell

Brittain has shown he’s ready

There’s also Garvey at the Roosters looking for a gig

I’d rather someone who can be on the field 80mins each week

Some like Lichaa have proven they’re not NRL level

Baptist could be ok but he’s never been more than a bench player

This is such an important position to fill huh

We really need to establish a spine who are on the field together enough (and who are capable enough) to be a well tuned engine

last edited by guyofthetiger

@guyofthetiger said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

@Russell

Brittain has shown he’s ready

There’s also Garvey at the Roosters looking for a gig

I’d rather someone who can be on the field 80mins each week

Some like Lichaa have proven they’re not NRL level

Baptist could be ok but he’s never been more than a bench player

This is such an important position to fill huh

It is important, that is why we need someone with NRL experience.

@Russell

I agree and so it def has to be someone who’s not injury prone or a proven dud so we have that experience on the field

Not many options around unfortunately

Fainu or Korosieau could be good if Manly decide to drop one

@guyofthetiger said in Issac Luke seems finished at Warriors, approves of Wests Tigers suggestion:

@Russell

I agree and so it def has to be someone who’s not injury prone or a proven dud so we have that experience on the field

Not many options around unfortunately

Fainu or Korosieau could be good if Manly decide to drop one

Koroisai will be at the dogs,

I’ve always been a fan of Baptiste - used to go very well off the bench with Canberra but hasn’t been prominent since returning from a knee reco. At 28 he’s not too old and would probably be relatively cheap. For a year or two would be OK but not sure he can play 80 minutes.

Given his performances for Canberra, I think he’s the sort of player who would go well under McGuire.

@Newtown

He’s injured a lot more than Farah generally

Would have played probably not a whole lot more than 50% of games the past few years

And is a tier below quality wise

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.