Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle

• ForumSupporter

All the Round 23 team news!
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Tue 20 Aug 2019, 03:59 PM
    Wests Tigers will welcome back Josh Reynolds for his first NRL game since Round 7 as they look to end a run of back-to-back defeats this Saturday against the Newcastle Knights.

Reynolds has been named to start at hooker following injuries to Robbie Farah (tibia) and Jacob Liddle (knee) in what will be his 148th career appearance, but his first game in the number nine jersey since the end of the 2011 season.

In addition to Farah and Liddle, Wests Tigers will also be without captain Moses Mbye for another week with the 26-year-old still sidelined with a hip flexor injury.

After a strong performance for the club’s Canterbury Cup side last weekend, Robert Jennings returns on the wing for his first NRL game since Round 17 — pushing Paul Momirovski in to the centres and last week’s debutant Tommy Talau to the reserves.

Talau has been included in jersey 18 alongside Chris McQueen and Sam McIntyre in the extended 20-man squad named by Coach Michael Maguire.

Following his one-game suspension last week, Luke Garner has been named to return in the back row with Chris Lawrence also retaining his starting spot.

With Ryan Matterson named at lock, Michael Chee Kam shifts back to the bench.

Thomas Mikaele also returns to the run-on side after a late switch with Matt Eisenhuth last weekend, with the Goodna Eagles junior to start at prop.

Benji Marshall will captain the side once again with Mbye sidelined as Wests Tigers look to bounce back from consecutive defeats and keep their finals hopes alive.

Maguire’s side scored a crucial 28-26 win when the two sides met just four weeks ago in Newcastle and will be looking to make it three wins in a row against the Knights, having lost just one of the last five meetings between the two sides.

Wests Tigers also hold a good record over the Knights at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, who have won just twice at the suburban ground since 2001.

Wests Tigers will provide an updated 19-man team to face the Knights at 5:30pm . AEST on Friday before finalising their side for Round 23 at 4:30pm on Saturday.

1. Corey Thompson
    2. Robert Jennings
    3. Paul Momirovski
    4. Esan Marsters
    5. David Nofoaluma
    6. Benji Marshall
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Thomas Mikaele
    9. Josh Reynolds
    10. Oliver Clark
    11. Luke Garner
    12. Chris Lawrence
    13. Ryan Matterson

Interchange:
    14. Matt Eisenhuth
    15. Elijah Taylor
    16. Alex Twal
    17. Michael Chee Kam

Reserves:
    18. Tommy Talau
    19. Chris McQueen
    20. Sam McIntyre

• Not bad, not bad at all… i still miss aloai

• Oh no jennings is back.

• Thought Talau did enough to hold his spot, and Jennings not enough to get his back.

Madge’s car must have been due a wash this week

• ForumSupporter

This should be good…

Best TLT of the season …

Has Madge given up too…?

• Feel sorry for Talau especially considering it is Jennings replacing him

• Jennings made his first line break this week in CC… maybe that’s why.

• @TheDaBoss said in Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle:

Not bad, not bad at all… i still miss aloai

I was about to agree until I realized that it was fg. Seriously no offense but that is not good. It’s a worry

• ForumSupporter

I think Madge has made a huge mistake in naming Reynolds in the cursed Wests Tigers No. 9 Jersey…

• @kiwitiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle:

@TheDaBoss said in Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle:

Not bad, not bad at all… i still miss aloai

I was about to agree until I realized that it was fg. Seriously no offense but that is not good. It’s a worry
    Is their any news on aloai and his injury

• @Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle:

I think Madge has made a huge mistake in naming Reynolds in the cursed Wests Tigers No. 9 Jersey…

Yep, should’ve had number 21 and named to start

• @Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Newcastle:

This should be good…

Best TLT of the season …

Has Madge given up too…?

I’ll grab the popcorn

• Jennings ugghh

• Well Madge, 22 rounds in, with practically nothing to play for except for build up to 2020 and this is the team you name?
    Scratching my head here. Seriously.

• I’d rather play with 12 men than have Jennings there.
    In fact it wouldn’t make much difference given how little he gets involved.

Recent Topics