De Belin's case.

• NRL waives De Belin’s court cost.

ARLC chairman Peter Beattie claimed that showed the league had genuine care for its players, with the ruling also leaving them in no doubt to the repercussions for any incidents.

“We’re not a heartless mob of bastards, let’s be frank about this,” Beattie said afterwards.

"We are compassionate about our players, they are central to the future of the game.

"We thought it was in the interest of rugby league to move on. We drew a line under the court costs, they are over.

"And the no-fault rule is in cement. We can move on. We can focus on what’s important, the finals and the grand final.

If this was a Wests Tigers player it would have been deducted from our Salary Cap next season.

• Let me guess De Belin can play v the WT’s next week …

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in De Belin's case.:

Let me guess De Belin can play v the WT’s next week …

No…De Bellend has just dropped his appeal against the no-fault rule…he is not able to play until his charges for rape and aggravated sexual assault in company is heard in court…

The NRL are simply not perusing court costs…

• Im guessing he dropped his appeal as it is effectively pointless now.

• @cochise said in De Belin's case.:

Im guessing he dropped his appeal as it is effectively pointless now.

I’m guessing the NRL made an offer not to pursue costs if he dropped the proceedings and he did so recognising he had limited prospects of success on appeal. He’s contracted for next year and his trial isn’t listed until the back end of the year so his appeal wouldn’t have been pointless.

• @Nelson said in De Belin's case.:

@cochise said in De Belin's case.:

I’m guessing the NRL made an offer not to pursue costs if he dropped the proceedings and he did so recognising he had limited prospects of success on appeal. He’s contracted for next year and his trial isn’t listed until the back end of the year so his appeal wouldn’t have been pointless.

They just mentioned March 2 2020 on Fox

• @Nelson said in De Belin's case.:

@cochise said in De Belin's case.:

His trial is early March, expected to last around 2 weeks so verdict around start of the season so would have been completely pointless!

• 7 News reported that the costs were about $500K.

• @bathursttiger said in De Belin's case.:

7 News reported that the costs were about $500K.

9 said it would have cost him 300k to go ahead - quite a bit for 3 games that are left and probably would have been played before his appeal was heard.

So would have been 300k for nothing.

Recent Topics