Time for us to apologize to Benji

• @avocadoontoast I think he is pretty good but I don’t see him as being in that top group of halves. Same as Cleary or Maloney. Maloney is awesome when he is on but geez he has some shockers.

I think that there are few stand out halves throughout the season. Munster is one. I reckon with our squad where we are sitting now is due a lot to having good halves and a good coach.

• @Earl said in Time for us to apologize to Benji:

@avocadoontoast I think he is pretty good but I don’t see him as being in that top group of halves. Same as Cleary or Maloney. Maloney is awesome when he is on but geez he has some shockers.

I think that there are few stand out halves throughout the season. Munster is one. I reckon with our squad where we are sitting now is due a lot to having good halves and a good coach.

I hate Moses like poison but I think he is a very good player. He’s definitely up there in my opinion. I don’t rate Cleary at all. No attacking flair, no pizzazz.

• @shane2801 when they have gone head to head this Brooks has outplayed Pearce by a long way.

• @Fitzy05 said in Time for us to apologize to Benji:

@shane2801 when they have gone head to head this Brooks has outplayed Pearce by a long way.

Yeah but Pearce would have got the points last year at Bathurst

• Cut out the swearing guys - your posts will be deleted and if it continues you will be banned.

• @avocadoontoast Cleary is the SOO halfback. Maloney was the pick at 6. You can see why Moses gets mentioned as a SOO half. I think Brooks is better than all of them. Moses is the closest to Brooks out of those 4.

• Wasn’t this thread about Benji - how did it get to be about Brooks AGAIN??

As for Benji - I have mostly tried to ignore all the inane calls and comments I have read from forumers who wanted him dumped, and rubbish him on a regular basis, continuously calling for an unfit Reynolds to play in his place. The guy is an absolute legend of this game and should be made an immortal when the time comes for what he has contributed to the Rugby League world over many years.

One more thing…playing in the halves is SO dependent upon how your team is getting over the advantage line and winning the ruck, getting quick ptbs, amount of possession you have, as well as the lines and timing of your edge runners, etc, etc. No matter who the half is, if his team is getting hammered in the middle and losing the forward battle it is almost impossible for him to have a standout game.
    What I am describing above is pretty much how our halves are asked to perform most weeks. The guys on here that keep blaming Benji and Brooks everytime have a very simplistic view of Rugby League.

Recent Topics