The new ATAR system

• This is madness …has anyone read through this

Can they overcomplicate making choices for kids subjects choices for year 11 and 12 any more

Easy if your kids know what they want to do …but as we found out with a heap of parents we went to tea with on Friday about 3 of the 10 kids know what they want …for now

Anyone else dealing with this

• @happy_tiger said in The new ATAR system:

This is madness …has anyone read through this

Can they overcomplicate making choices for kids subjects choices for year 11 and 12 any more

Easy if your kids know what they want to do …but as we found out with a heap of parents we went to tea with on Friday about 3 of the 10 kids know what they want …for now

It’s a joke …
    Unless they really know what they want to do , none of them really are taking the right subjects to get into Uni .

Most Uni degrees say that you need advanced English to get in but the kids aren’t told this !!

Now my daughter is a 50/50 chance of being accepted into Uni 🤬

• @hobbo1 said in The new ATAR system:

@happy_tiger said in The new ATAR system:

It’s a joke …
    Unless they really know what they want to do , none of them really are taking the right subjects to get into Uni .

Most Uni degrees say that you need advanced English to get in but the kids aren’t told this !!

Reckon I have at least 200 pages of info to read through …and I’m not kidding

@hobbo1 said in The new ATAR system:

It’s a joke …

Can you speed read ?

It’s a joke …

Can you speed read ?

Yeah

Where do you study to become an X Box genius or a roadie

It’s a joke …

Can you speed read ?

Yeah

Becoming a Tradesman is the way to go imo !

“Cashed up bogans” 🤪😁

It’s a joke …

Can you speed read ?

Yeah

Becoming a Tradesman is the way to go imo !

“Cashed up bogans” 🤪😁

Yeah one of the ladies at dinner the other night is the Careers officer at EB’s school and she totally agrees with me that every kid should try one week work experience in an office/ medical / IT and one week at a trade

• I’m 40 and still have no idea what I want to do, I know what I don’t want to do.

I don’t want to trade my time for money.

The problem with our education system is it prepares us to be employees.

• @TIGER said in The new ATAR system:

I’m 40 and still have no idea what I want to do, I know what I don’t want to do.

I don’t want to trade my time for money.

The problem with our education system is it prepares us to be employees.

I know what I want to do , but I’m not sure any one will pay me a 100 k to become a professional rugby league supporter

• The way my school works, is that we adopted a self directed style of learning, meaning that a lot of students do independent work. In relation to that a lot of students from years 11-12, including myself do a majority of there classes via video conferencing, because of how many branches our school has in different places. Also our school als removed subjects like music and language subjects due to lack of teaching thus meaning that many students now take subjects that are more appropriate in teaching skills valuable in bussiness. For myself i only have 2 practical subjects, meaning those 2 subjects r the only subjects i have face to face with teachers… its hard at times, but times r changing and yeah gotta go with the flow…

• I’m out of the loop can someone explain the changes compared to the early 2000s?

• I’m doing my HSC next year and I still have no idea what’s going on to be honest

• ForumSupporter

@TigersBusDriver said in The new ATAR system:

I’m doing my HSC next year and I still have no idea what’s going on to be honest

A bus driver for the Tigers…?

• @Geo That’s the aim

• @TigersBusDriver said in The new ATAR system:

I’m doing my HSC next year and I still have no idea what’s going on to be honest
    Same, just going to take it on full force🙃

Recent Topics