Next games

the next 2 games will define the 2019 success of this team, no doubt. I am not saying we are going to make the eight - and if we do it will be a bonus - but to the extent that this team will give 110%, then that’s all we can ask for. We’ll know if we truly have the eye of the tiger.
One thing is for sure, we can’t be going in with the same mindset as we did against the Dogs. If anything, let’s take a leaf out of their book. Love them or hate them, they do have a renewed resilience (some may argue this is because they are not under pressure). I don’t care if we breath deeply, chance our arms or play boring football - give 110% and I, for one, will be happy with where we finish.

I agree with your post 110% Th, we need to keep the momentum going, we haven’t been able to do that for awhile, so it’ll be very interesting…Go Tigers👍

@tigeress said in Next games:

I agree with your post 110% Th, we need to keep the momentum going, we haven’t been able to do that for awhile, so it’ll be very interesting…Go Tigers👍

If they turn up like they did against the Knights then they should do very well in the next couple of games…I was very impressed with the team as a whole,particularly missing key players…

@TrueTiger Reynolds will keep their minds on the job

@rex2ce said in Next games:

@TrueTiger Reynolds will keep their minds on the job

I have absolute faith in Grub keeping their mind on the job…he was very good against the Knights even though he has his knockers,the bloke has had a horrendous run with injuries when arriving here but still has a heck of a lot to offer…
The crowd appreciated him coming on…as did I and hope he can find a good result in regard to his future in the NRL or Superleague…

I remember the last time we had a full house at Fortress Leichhardt and we needed a win to make the semis

Lets hope that there is no repeat this time.

@shiretiger said in Next games:

I remember the last time we had a full house at Fortress Leichhardt and we needed a win to make the semis

Lets hope that there is no repeat this time.

Why even link that? Nobody wants to remember.

@shiretiger said in Next games:

@matchball so it never happened?

ok

Yes. It never happened.

If we win the next 2 and don’t make it I’ll still be ok with the season.

Several times this year I’ve said that we aren’t good enough, but I was wrong, we are more than good enough but need to deliver when it matters. Attitude, consistency etc… that is what we need.

Therefore if we drop either game I’ll be disappointed, even if we make the 8 on 24 points.

@old_man_tiger said in Next games:

If we win the next 2 and don’t make it I’ll still be ok with the season.

Several times this year I’ve said that we aren’t good enough, but I was wrong, we are more than good enough but need to deliver when it matters. Attitude, consistency etc… that is what we need.

Therefore if we drop either game I’ll be disappointed, even if we make the 8 on 24 points.

and if we go on to win the GF

disappointment still there?

@TheDaBoss Imagine Tigers winning the 2019 Premiership! Todd Greenberg will have to close the NRL down.

I usually try to be positive, but we’ve seen this way too many times before. We’ll end up 9th.

@TheDaBoss this is a fair question. I would pencil us in for week 2 if we make it as I think we can handle the rabbits or eels. If we happened to win the GF I would be even more confused as to why we couldn’t string 3 wins together in the regular season but will find a way to cope with my disappointment, I promise.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.