Penalties

• Very few penalties in our game on Saturday night and yet in other games the count was outrageous. You have to question whether Newcastle and Wests Tigers played a game that was well with in the rules and other teams don’t, or some referees are just whistle happy.
    There is no doubt in my mind the impact they have on the outcome of a game especially when some can find twenty penalties in a game and others less than 10.

• We had so much possession we didn’t give away the ruck penalties we often do. Likewise for being inside the ten.

• I think there are two issues; the vast majority of them are overly concerned with meeting performance objectives rather than the flow of the game which when combined with being paired with another referee who has a different interpretation on the rules leads to issues. Klein is a good example, dude has a case of Napoleon Syndrome compounded with a meticulous obsession with his KPIs that results in him having zero feel for the game.

• @BalmainJnr said in Penalties:

I think there are two issues; the vast majority of them are overly concerned with meeting performance objectives rather than the flow of the game which when combined with being paired with another referee who has a different interpretation on the rules leads to issues. Klein is a good example, dude has a case of Napoleon Syndrome compounded with a meticulous obsession with his KPIs that results in him having zero feel for the game.

Couldn’t agree more re: Klein… No feel spot on

• @Telltails said in Penalties:

some referees are just whistle happy.

Sometimes. On the other hand, I don’t blame them much for the Raiders game. Between players doing some dumb stuff and stoppage of play for injuries, that was horrid.

Recent Topics