Roberts dog shot on Oats

Should have been sent off, any objections?

@TIGER I was happy with the sinbin, but it was pretty ugly.

@Masterton said in Roberts dog shot on Oats:

@TIGER I was happy with the sinbin, but it was pretty ugly.

If the NRL are serious about brain injuries from contact to the head, which it seems they are with players going off for HIAs unnecessarily sometimes it seems then imo he walks.

It was deliberate, late, high, forceful and imo worse than if they were on their feet because the impact was doubled by his head hitting the ground as well.
In saying that, let’s imagine if they we’re both on their feet and he hit him the way he did, I think he would have been sent.

I enjoyed it
Made me laugh 😂

Was a cheap shot to the head. Wouldn’t have hurt, but it does deserve a couple of weeks at least.

No objections at all. Doesn’t matter if it hurt Oates or not, it was a coward act.

@GNR4LIFE said in Roberts dog shot on Oats:

No objections at all. Doesn’t matter if it hurt Oates or not, it was a coward act.

Absolutely it was a coward act. Would love to see some of these supposed tough guys playing back when an act like that would mean a square up was coming.

Dog act by a wabbitt on a donkey - should have been sent off. Absolutely.

I don’t know what Roberts was trying to do but he had no leverage to cause any damage. Still stupid and a dog shot

Absolutely a send off. No doubt about it.

@Sart0ri said in Roberts dog shot on Oats:

I don’t know what Roberts was trying to do but he had no leverage to cause any damage. Still stupid and a dog shot

Yeah that’s probably what saved him from being sent off, although it doesn’t take much force from an elbow strike to the temple to do damage.

totally a send off…it was full intent and the guy is a grub. The sorta player that if he didn’t have rugby league he’d be in a lot of trouble…skill to burn but no head on his shoulders

Roberts backed up his elbow on Oates with one on Ofahengaue, he obviously never learns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/cvvnkz/mole_warning_dragons_vs_fans_hits_boiling_point/

Graeme Annesley said that James Roberts and Nathan Brown could have easily been sent off.
He said a send off would have been acceptable for both.

last edited by AnotherOne

Was a similar incident in the Newtown v Wests CC game (think it was Flanagan) right in front of the touchie, didn’t even get a penalty.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.