Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24

• ForumSupporter

Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Tue 27 Aug 2019, 03:50 PM

Western Suburbs Magpies Canterbury Cup Coach Brett Hodgson has named his side to take on the New Zealand Warriors for their final game of the regular season this Saturday.

Kickoff for the match is at 10:05am AEST (12:05pm local) as Western Suburbs look to end the season on a winning note after disappointingly missing the top eight.

After a tough loss to the Newtown Jets last week confirmed the Magpies would miss the finals for the second straight year, Hodgson has named a number of changes for Saturday’s game with several young players getting a big chance in the side.

Impressive young forward Felix Smith’s good form sees him earn a start up front while Harry O’Toole returns to the wing in place of Kane Bradley.

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Dylan Smith
    2. Harry O’Toole
    3. Watson Heleta
    4. Sam McIntyre
    5. Bilal Maarbani
    6. Max Burey
    7. Kauri Aupouri (capt.)
    8. Felix Smith
    9. Soni Luke
    10. Patrice Siolo
    11. Alex Seyfarth
    12. Jack Miller
    13. Robbie Rochow

Interchange:
    10. Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu
    14. Ray Jankovic
    16. Elia Faatui
    20. Dylan Clifford

Coach: Brett Hodgson

• Congrats smith

• Most of this side should get a lap of honour in the hope they will not come back.

O’Toole, McIntyre, Api and a few others are park players at best

• @Harvey said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24:

Most of this side should get a lap of honour in the hope they will not come back.

I hope they play better than last week…they were appalling…

• Hopefully it will be a better watch than last week

• @TrueTiger said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24:

@Harvey said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24:

Most of this side should get a lap of honour in the hope they will not come back.

I hope they play better than last week…they were appalling…

Hodgson should lace em up and show them what heart is all about , apart from Miller they didn’t show much

• Momo, Clark, Garner, Mikaele, Talau have come through this year to NRL level and Gamble has gone, so the team has had its disruptions like any SC team. However I thought there was more depth, obviously not if they can’t make the 8 in NSW. No wonder we are signing up some from Qld.

• @Fitzy05 said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24:

Momo, Clark, Garner, Mikaele, Talau have come through this year to NRL level and Gamble has gone, so the team has had its disruptions like any SC team. However I thought there was more depth, obviously not if they can’t make the 8 in NSW. No wonder we are signing up some from Qld.

Same happens last year and the coach could not raise to the occasion … I like him as a player and person but he has had his chance as our cc coach.

• Why not play the ones eligible for jersey Flegg in that competition? they are a big chance of cracking the finals while the CC team really isn’t.

• @Madge said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24:

Why not play the ones eligible for jersey Flegg in that competition? they are a big chance of cracking the finals while the CC team really isn’t.

They still might

• Jock injured?

• @tony-soprano was injured a few games back

• @Madge said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 24:

Why not play the ones eligible for jersey Flegg in that competition? they are a big chance of cracking the finals while the CC team really isn’t.

Prefer to let the Flegg boys keep winning & bring that culture across next year.

It’s 2 games the kids won’t develop much coming up for games that don’t mean anything.

• @Madge they played all of them against Manly a few weeks ago. They won 34-14 but imo the guys the 6 or so replaced have been doing a better job than what they produced against Manly. But I’m sure our recruitment guys know what they’re doing (if only there was a font for sarcasm)!

• @Mighty_Tiger I think it was more the guys like Felix Smith who’ve played all season in Flegg bar the last 2 weeks. He would add more value to the Flegg side than CC, yet he’s been picked to start in CC.

Recent Topics