Hall of tradition and history for West’s and Balmain

• If this merger goes through I think it is time the West’s group invested in an area for the history of both Western suburbs Magpies and Balmain Tigers . Many can donate items of yesteryear of memorabilia and all the like for both clubs . Having visited the College football hall of fame in South bend Indiana I had this idea as it was impressive to see tradition presented like that .
    These 2 clubs have over 100 yrs of tradition and I think it is time that this is presented to all , the Wests group need to identify this moving forward if this final merger takes place . It would be a great experience for the younger generation to actually see the past and the heritage that this organisation is formed from , 100 yrs of tradition is a gold mind of heritage that only South Sydney can match . Our clubs of the past should be proud to exhibit what has gone before as they are RUGBY LEAGUE in this city and the NRL should be reminded of this ! Do it West’s Group what a legacy it would be of our proud tradition.

• @Snake A great suggestion

• Yep great idea.

• @Snake said in Hall of tradition and history for West’s and Balmain:

If this merger goes through I think it is time the West’s group invested in an area for the history of both Western suburbs Magpies and Balmain Tigers . Many can donate items of yesteryear of memorabilia and all the like for both clubs . Having visited the College football hall of fame in South bend Indiana I had this idea as it was impressive to see tradition presented like that .
    These 2 clubs have over 100 yrs of tradition and I think it is time that this is presented to all , the Wests group need to identify this moving forward if this final merger takes place . It would be a great experience for the younger generation to actually see the past and the heritage that this organisation is formed from , 100 yrs of tradition is a gold mind of heritage that only South Sydney can match . Our clubs of the past should be proud to exhibit what has gone before as they are RUGBY LEAGUE in this city and the NRL should be reminded of this ! Do it West’s Group what a legacy it would be of our proud tradition.

Outstanding idea!

• Yes please

• Great post 👍

• Good idea 👍

• Great suggestion and post. I would contest that the only rich heritage the Grubbitohs have was between 2000-2001.

• cracking idea!!!

• Excellent idea hopefully someone in power moves on this

• @Snake Great idea mate! After living in the UK for a few years, seeing how some Premier League clubs operate, I’d love to see club and individual player achievements recognised permanently at our grounds too (I understand it won’t happen as we rent our home grounds). We need to celebrate our past history and achievements to let everyone know how great and successful this/these clubs have been.

• Love this idea. Remember both the original clubs that Wests Tigers came from.

• Wests Ashfield has a tonne of memorabilia… A fraction on display at the club… Lack of space… Etc

• at the new COE

• @TCL There you go a great place for it !

Recent Topics