An Nrl Club To Be Axed?

• @TillLindemann said in An Nrl Club To Be Axed?:

Expansion is good. But another team in Brisbane is not expansion. Brisbane is already a league area, so another team there adds NOTHING.

Perth is expansion, Wellington or south island NZ is expansion, PNG Hunters joining the NRL is expansion. Brisbane isn’t.

On another note, I disagree with any Sydney team getting the chop - it’s our biggest city, so much history there, and plenty of people outside Sydney support a Sydney team already. I’m from the bush 7 hours from Sydney and have always been a tiger (well, magpie then tiger).

BUT, and it’s a big but, if a Sydney team has to go, it should be the no fans no juniors Roosters. At least the Sea Eagles and Sharks have local fans and junior players. I doubt there’s a single Roosters fan who actually lives in Paddington.

Well if they want to merge, merge both souths and roosters…share the same home ground would be a no-brainer surely…and watch the 10 roosters fans and half the prison population of NSW go up in arms

• We wouldn’t be on the list for 9. Our TV ratings are too good.

• It’s been pretty obvious for a long time that Cronulla and Sts/Illawara should merge and then make 3 very strong Western Sydney teams out of Parra/Penrith/Tigers/Bulldogs.

Put in a 2nd Brisbane team and add a Perth team.

16 teams. Sorted.

Once all that is going along nicely, in the next decade I’d like to see the NRL look to expand to 18 teams, Adelaide/Sunshine Coast/PNG/2nd NZ team.

• “Cronulla, Manly and the Gold Coast are at risk of being axed from the NRL as the Nine Network pushes for a new Brisbane rugby league team.”

wow, what I find really pleasing about that is, that it didn’t mention us. Not that I think we should ever be a team to go, it always plays on my mind.

Surprised about Manly being mentioned though, I would expect the Titans to go for the 2nd Brisbane team.

• @Tigerdave

I agree. But really, what does cutting a Queensland team to make way for a new Queensland team achieve?

• @TillLindemann said in An Nrl Club To Be Axed?:

@Tigerdave

I agree. But really, what does cutting a Queensland team to make way for a new Queensland team achieve?

yeah not much, but I guess Gold Coast has failed too many times for them to keep going with it…would personally prefer the Sharks to go

• @Tigerdave said in An Nrl Club To Be Axed?:

yeah not much, but I guess Gold Coast has failed too many times for them to keep going with it…would personally prefer the Sharks to go

Before next Sunday please

• Tigers beat sharks at Leichhardt next Sunday. Cut to shot of Greenberg drunk at a bar

• ForumSupporter

Manly Please and don’t stop there Sharkies Souff’s and Parra can go to…

• Manly… 👉 🚪

• @Geo said in An Nrl Club To Be Axed?:

Manly Please and don’t stop there Sharkies Souff’s and Parra can go to…

i agree with the 4 but you should have added rorters

• It’s actually a funny arguement about the game. You annoy a few thousand supporters, by removing a club, who may never watch nrl again. To canabilise an existing supporters base like the Broncos.

sure, it may help spead the corporate dollars, but not sure more people will follow the game.

• But if you introduce a Perth team it will grow the audience and supporters.

• @fair-dinkum said in An Nrl Club To Be Axed?:

It’s been pretty obvious for a long time that Cronulla and Sts/Illawara should merge and then make 3 very strong Western Sydney teams out of Parra/Penrith/Tigers/Bulldogs.

Put in a 2nd Brisbane team and add a Perth team.

16 teams. Sorted.

Once all that is going along nicely, in the next decade I’d like to see the NRL look to expand to 18 teams, Adelaide/Sunshine Coast/PNG/2nd NZ team.

Illawarra is the heartland of rugby league. The Dragons have already been through one merger. They are fine and besides, like us they stood by the ARL. Let’s target ex Super League clubs.

• Geez mate , that’s ridiculous l That was literally 22 years ago. We are all obviously from the ARL side ,but come on ! At this point it should be sustainability, bums and eyeballs. Nothing else matters ! That type of thinking is what has made the Wests Tigers a rabble for 20 years. It should be Cronulla, only because they are always either getting a huge cash injection or bordering on bankrupt. So no actual revenue . This has happened at least 6 times in their existence. Also they are swamped geographically by Water , St George , Illawarra, Bulldogs and us, ie. Wests District in Liverpool. It’s the equivalent of ripping the band aid off slowly as it is a small percentage of supporters . A lot of people in the shire support Souths and the bulldogs .

Recent Topics