Madge is coaching a masterclass

• We are currently 9th and the only team left with a chance. Win and we are in.

State of Origin reps? ONLY team left with none.

Kangaroos? None.

Injuries and roster legacy from the previous coach = we are playing with a roster 2-3 million less than other teams left.

We are on the brink of the finals with Clark-ET-Huth and a kid like Mikaele playing huge mins.

And at least 4 backs no one else wanted.

This is one of the great coaching performances.

I don’t see how anyone could criticise him this year. Packer and Reynolds could have been handled better, yes. Esan GK could have been sorted quicker, yes. Jennings has been a mistake.

But in the grand scheme of things, he has got absolutely everything possible out of this team. This is not a semi final roster by a long way, but it may well end up there.

• When you look at the amount of cap that has been missing most of the season (by choice no less) it’s astounding really. Based on that, he should be a serious contender for coach of the year. But sadly, I doubt he gets a look in.

• @ElleryHanley goes to show it is much more about desire than talent

• @GNR4LIFE Hasler is probably getting that

• @ElleryHanley said in Madge is coaching a masterclass:

We are currently 9th and the only team left with a chance. Win and we are in.

Kangaroos? None.

Injuries and roster legacy from the previous coach = we are playing with a roster 2-3 million less than other teams left.

We are on the brink of the finals with Clark-ET-Huth and a kid like Mikaele playing huge mins.

I don’t see how anyone could criticise him this year. Packer and Reynolds could have been handled better, yes. Esan GK could have been sorted quicker, yes. Jennings has been a mistake.

But in the grand scheme of things, he has got absolutely everything possible out of this team. This is not a semi final roster by a long way, but it may well end up there.

Mbye played origin and won it for us…

• @Madge said in Madge is coaching a masterclass:

@GNR4LIFE Hasler is probably getting that

As long as Cleary isn’t getting it.

• @OzLuke said in Madge is coaching a masterclass:

@ElleryHanley said in Madge is coaching a masterclass:

We are currently 9th and the only team left with a chance. Win and we are in.

Kangaroos? None.

Mbye played origin and won it for us…

I forgot about Mbye and his 8 mins…but still, we have the least amount of rep players 🙂

@GNR4LIFE Hasler is probably getting that

Dessie has coached a master class also.

You can really see ‘who’ CAN coach and ‘who’ can’t this year.

Dessie
    Madge

v

Mary
    Brown

Both those teams have 5-6 Origin players.

• @ElleryHanley Add Cleary to the bottom list please.

@ElleryHanley Add Cleary to the bottom list please.

Hahah…he has coached a shocker.

All dislike aside, 80% of their big names are either gone OR have got much worse.

They looked set for a dynasty…and Cleary now has them set for a long rebuild.

What an effort!

• Time to sign him up for the long term. Let him recruit the juniors and a couple of established NRL players. Build the side from within.

• Has done a great job. Deserves even more recognition than the players. He has bought this team together in the dressing room and the park. Has had to deal with injury, an inherited roster and players not living up to their salaries.

If we make the finals and win the first game he will be a serious contender for coach of the year.

• It’s a bit of the champion team vs team of champions.

Given the cattle we have, we’ve done alright

• His desire alone just attracts the fans. We have badly needed that. I love him.

• I thought he would be a good coach to build the club but didn’t expect to actually enjoy watching us play. The attack has been beautiful at times times since Canberra smashed us.

Recent Topics