Credit to NRL scheduling

You have to give credit to the NRL schedulers this season, with lots of key matchups occurring in the final rounds and culminating with the last round being full of critically important matches and only 3 dead rubbers.

Every team has their preferences then the NRL does the main draw, and they totally nailed it 2019. Amazing that half the matches are teams next to each other on the ladder, and 1 more match with just 2 spots separating.

Tigers v Sharks - 8 v 9, critical to decide 8th spot
Broncos v Dogs - to confirm 7th, but with Dogs having recent good form
Souths v Roosters - 2 v 4, old favourite match up, pre-finals and impacts Top 4 with teams trying to avoid Rd 1 away to Storm
Manly v Parra - 5 v 6, and Manly can enter Top 4 with bigger results

Dead matches
Knights v Penrith - 10 v 11, despite being technically dead now, a slightly different set of events could have had this as the Top 8 decider
Storm v Cows - Storm can’t be topped and wouldn’t surprise if they rest
Dragons v Titans - 15 v 16, would have been interesting had the Titans managed a few more wins

I do not expect this thread to end well.

Hmmmm matchfixing maybe? I mean how can the refs be so incompetent throughout the year? Lettting Bronx scrape into the 8? I mean is it nrl or wwe I don’t even know anymore😂😂

guys does anyone know what the semi final schedule is e.g. when does 5 v 8 play

@Jedi_Tiger said in Credit to NRL scheduling:

guys does anyone know what the semi final schedule is e.g. when does 5 v 8 play

5 v 8 and 6 v 7

@WT2K do we know what day / time

@Jedi_Tiger said in Credit to NRL scheduling:

@WT2K do we know what day / time

Not yet

More luck than well planned I say.

@Mighty_Tiger said in Credit to NRL scheduling:

More luck than well planned I say.

Well the thing is that they planned it. So whether it turned out well or not, they did have a guess what matches would be most valuable at season’s end.

It’s like playing pool, if you call a tough shot before you sink it, it may well be lucky, but it’s also what you intended.

More than likely Manly will finish 5th and play whoever finishes 8th. Do they get to play at Lottoland or was that changed to a major stadium in the city of the highest finishing team. If that’s the case where would it be played - i’d assume ANZ which we would be good if we grab 8th.

@diedpretty said in Credit to NRL scheduling:

More than likely Manly will finish 5th and play whoever finishes 8th. Do they get to play at Lottoland or was that changed to a major stadium in the city of the highest finishing team. If that’s the case where would it be played - i’d assume ANZ which we would be good if we grab 8th.

Lootoland…

@Geo said in Credit to NRL scheduling:

@diedpretty said in Credit to NRL scheduling:

Lootoland…

Really - no wonder people think the NRL is a joke - playing a semi final in a cow paddock.

If we can nab 8th spot, and we end up vs manly in the first week, I think we are a good chance of winning especially because Tom turbo is out.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.