We Made the Finals

• Win lose or draw against the Sharks and I’m calling this season a success.
    We are basically playing finals football this weekend (as are Cronulla).

Even a draw would get us there on for an against (Sharks 7, Tigers 8, Broncos 9).
    Maybe The Tigers and Sharks should agree to draw, just to knock the Broncos out.

Seriously though, assuming the Tigers don’t get smacked, I cant see how missing the finals means this season was a failure. Yes statistically we finish 9th, but Madge and the boys have put themselves into a position to play knockout football. I’ll be treating it like a knockout final.

Not bad considering our squad list and the amount of cap on the sidelines or in reserves.

• agree a success it is semi finals one week early

• ForumSupporter

Scored 2 90m TRIES too…wonders will never cease

• 3 intercepts… 2 90m tries…

countless linebreaks… brooks comming thru with the 1 on 1 strips… accurate goalkicker…

• we have been through the ringer this year guys we deserve this game at LO even if we dont get the win its a big game and occasion. We can do this guys we are playing good footy cronulla are no world beaters lets soak up the week and us loyal members enjoy the game sunday

• I think we need to just settle the excitement a bit. If we lose we finish another year without finals after losing to bulldogs twice and blowing games against storm and panthers.
    Whilst I am beyond excited about the prospect of watching our team feature in a finals fixture I think our expectation should be anything but a win on Sunday is not to be entertained. We can beat Cronulla- they are very inconsistent.
    So I’m not going to say ‘I’m happy no matter what’ because we are capable of winning and capable of mixing it with the top eight teams. Nothing but a win!

• Another year of 9th-10th same as always won’t be a success for me. I understand your point totally, there are reasons why its positive, I get it, but I am hoping for a new story before the decade comes to an end! Happy to make finals and get flogged first game no problem. I will be pretty upset if we lose next week. It will be an incredibly hard game. Two teams same points both desperate to make finals. So whoever wins will truly deserve it I suppose.

At least, no matter what, WE BEAT PANTHERS!!! Who were destined for finals success before the start of the season

• Nah, we haven’t made anything yet. I look back at the games we should have won like the Bulldogs a few weeks ago as pivotal factors during the season. I think we’ve punched above our weight but the players and coach have said anything less than a finals appearance is not good enough and I agree.

• @willow said in We Made the Finals:

Nah, we haven’t made anything yet. I look back at the games we should have won like the Bulldogs a few weeks ago as pivotal factors during the season. I think we’ve punched above our weight but the players and coach have said anything less than a finals appearance is not good enough and I agree.

And that’s on what basis this team should approach the last game. But by the end of the day I’m pretty sure most commentators are pretty shocked that we are still in the game given shortcomings we currently have on the field.
    We pack a revolver with two bullets every week … and still manage to hit the target occasionally.
    Nope … I don’t see this season as anything less then successful.

• said elsewhere with the roster thought we would finish 9th-12th so if we make it its a big plus.

Two big games that standout that last minute lost to penrith (2 minutes to go 6 up?) and the dogs game.

Just hope we put an 80 min effort in v sharks and if we get rolled ill be happy as long as they had a go.

• Nah.

9th is not a success. Its just like the other years. Every year has reasons why they didn’t make finals. Good teams seem to find a way. A success would be finals. Everything else is just business as usual.

• Considering the amount of hogwash that was said on the forum during the early part of the season about how bad we were, this year is a success. Win or lose on Sunday. A lot of people were convinced we were the worst side in the comp. Well we aren’t. Far from it.

• I think we have overachieved this year. Our squad on paper should finish 13th-15th, IMO only the bulldogs have a clearly worse roster.

That said I really want finals football, the fans deserve finals football and we have the perfect opportunity to secure the win that will take us there in-front of a sell-out Leichhardt crowd. For this team to continue their progression they need to exorcise the demons of that Canberra loss a few years ago.

• Feels like 05

• @Jay said in We Made the Finals:

At least, no matter what, WE BEAT PANTHERS!!! Who were destined for finals success before the start of the season

Yeah, but we also let them beat us in a game that they far from won themselves.

Recent Topics