I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This

• Am I the only one in Sydney that believes they should have moved the game from Leichhardt to ANZ?

I believe we would be more of a chance at ANZ. I think with a proper build up they could have gotten 30-40k. Only one other game that day in Sydney out at Penrith would definately help with the crowd. Im pretty sure most people who are not Sharks fans would be supporting Wests. Leichhardt has hardly been a graveyard for teams of late and it was the scene of the Raiders walk over a couple of years ago.

I hope I’m wrong

• I dont think it would have helped our chances of winning. But I dont like when fans are locked out when there are bigger venues available.

• Can’t beat the atmosphere at Leichhardt…18 degrees forecast for Sunday, mostly sunny, should be close to perfect for football.

• @gallagher said in I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This:

I dont think it would have helped our chances of winning. But I dont like when fans are locked out when there are bigger venues available.

Agree but what can you do

This game was locked in last year

• @tiger05premier said in I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This:

@gallagher said in I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This:

I dont think it would have helped our chances of winning. But I dont like when fans are locked out when there are bigger venues available.

Agree but what can you do

This game was locked in last year

Yeah, too late now. Lets hope some home ground calls come our way.

• Its a trade-off between a more practical solution and a more emotional one. I agree that it sucks to not allow more fans in but once the little local venues are gone they will never come back and we will have lost something special.
    I brought my wife over from France and her first footy match was at Leichardt. Lawrence crashed into our corner and got up to see if everyone was OK. She loved it. In France it’s all massive venues for soccer. No soul.

• Yes you are

• @shane2801 said in I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This:

Am I the only one in Sydney that believes they should have moved the game from Leichhardt to ANZ?

I believe we would be more of a chance at ANZ. I think with a proper build up they could have gotten 30-40k. Only one other game that day in Sydney out at Penrith would definately help with the crowd. Im pretty sure most people who are not Sharks fans would be supporting Wests. Leichhardt has hardly been a graveyard for teams of late and it was the scene of the Raiders walk over a couple of years ago.

I hope I’m wrong

Definitely not. Those of us who love Leichhardt Oval want the one of the few games allocated at the venue to be played there. We also give away a huge advantage to Cronulla. Finally, do you think Cronulla would give away their home ground advantage at Endeavour/Caltex or whatever its name is now for exactly what? Leichhardt provides a huge advantage I cannot understand your comment about “hardly been a graveyard”.

Am I the only one in Sydney that believes they should have moved the game from Leichhardt to ANZ?

I hope I’m wrong

I think so…only place for this crucial game is the 8th wonder that is L.O…I doubt there will be many sharks fans too as the place sold out Sunday arvo

• As I said, I hope I’m wrong but I wonder what our win percentage is there over the last 3 years. If it’s good then I will rest a little easier.

• @pawsandclaws1 said in I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This:

@shane2801 said in I'm Putting Myself Out There By Saying This:

I hope I’m wrong

Definitely not. Those of us who love Leichhardt Oval want the one of the few games allocated at the venue to be played there. We also give away a huge advantage to Cronulla. Finally, do you think Cronulla would give away their home ground advantage at Endeavour/Caltex or whatever its name is now for exactly what? Leichhardt provides a huge advantage I cannot understand your comment about “hardly been a graveyard”.

Less than 50% winning record in the last 4 years there, thats not a huge advantage. But hopefully it will be this week.

I hope I’m wrong

We have a better winning percentage at LO than anywhere else but i do agree that it is unfortunate we cant get more people in there

• I think the location is a factor however how the team play is more so the factor (stating the obvious).

We put 40 on the knights at co which hasn’t been a grave yard for opposition teams. We put 40 on the dragons at the SCG where we have no track record.

Shame is people will miss out but thems the breaks.

• Very true. I hope we smash them so at least everyone can enjoy the second half 🙂

• I’m from the magpies half of the merger, and I say thank God it IS at Leichhardt. You could have 30,000 at ANZ and it wouldn’t come close to the atmosphere of 18,000 at LO.

Recent Topics