Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.

Hey guys and girls! Long time reader, first time poster. For the first time in 30 odd years of supporting the Tigers my family and I will be attending this Sundays game at the 8th wonder of the world. I was just hoping to pick your brains in regards to things we should do/not to miss to get the entire Leichardt experience?

We will be catching the light rail from the CBD and will be walking up Mary street. If anyone has any hints and tips it would be greatly appreciated. Go the mighty Tigers!!

Unless you leave home at 8am there won’t be much time for a Leichhardt experience. Unless you have a reserved seat, get there early. The Oval will be full by 1pm so you won’t have time to go to pubs unless you get to the area quite early. If you have time head to the Orangegrove for a bevvie.

@Geo Haha thanks mate. Since the kids are coming might bring some sanitizer…

Every time we have the ball BOO like their is no tomorrow

We will need the intimidation factor big time

And cheer like there is no tomorrow when we do something well or score

And lastly party like it is 1999 if we win

@happy_tiger Plan to do all of the above! Cheers for the tip!

Does security turn a blind eye (or ear) to the hurling of abuse of opposition players? At my local ground (Suncorp Stadium) security and police deal with it pretty quick and offenders are kicked out. I am in the firm belief that at least half the sharks team are scum and need to hear about it…

Take your own food especially for the Kids. No point travelling all the way to Sydney to be in a Food Queue for oversalted chips!

If you hope to be on the Hill try for the River end side of the Scoreboard - it’s higher. Take a blanket and mark your turf just below the standing room area - check out some old pics of Hill Crowds to get an idea of where to set up.

Snorkel and flippers are optional extras for the Loos.

All the best - Up The Mighty TIgers!

@LeichhardtTiger Wow that is a whole bunch of great tips. Thanks mate! In fact thanks everyone for their tips so far! Will make the experience a whole lot better!

@Archnemisis75 said in Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.:

Does security turn a blind eye (or ear) to the hurling of abuse of opposition players? At my local ground (Suncorp Stadium) security and police deal with it pretty quick and offenders are kicked out. I am in the firm belief that at least half the sharks team are scum and need to hear about it…

Look I think that security would turn a blind eye if you brought a piece of 4 x 2 and took to Woods or Gallen and probably pat you on the back if you took out both

When sharks on the attack jump the fence and play chicken with security… Stripping optional.
High shot the ref too if you’re so inclined, LO hasn’t had one of those yet

But wait till near full time…

@innsaneink said in Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.:

When sharks on the attack jump the fence and play chicken with security… Stripping optional.

But only when the sharks are about to score. Gives us a breather.

@mike said in Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.:

@innsaneink said in Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.:

But only when the sharks are about to score. Gives us a breather.

Wear a Sharks jersey in that case …give Gal a big hug and then whisper in his ear he is a maths debater …then slip over to Woodsy and tell him it is what it is