Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.

Ditch the misses and kids and stand on the hill under the scoreboard with a tin in your hand and scream TIGERS TIGERS at the top of your voice all game.

Enjoy the day and create your own experience and memories.

@Archnemisis75 - you sound like my type of guy. Don’t hold back and get stuck in!

My tip for Leichhardt is simple. Its the annoying things that are the best.

1. Drive there by car and park down the bottom. Then wait 3 hours to get out after the game because especially after a win, its worth it.
  2. Wear thin soled shoes so you can get urine soaked socks when taking a leak in the toilets.
  3. Take a football. Playing football on the hill, even during a sellout game as you sidestep fat yobbos is worth a million bucks.
  4. Take some change so you can buy some peanuts. “Sugar coated or in the shell”
  5. Wear a thin shirt and don’t take a jacket. Half way through the second half when the planes are flying over, you cant hear sh** and you’re freezing…Id give anything to do that every week!

Im not joking when I say THESE are the best things about Leichhardt

Buy a hot dog from the guy out the front gate, best you will ever get.

Chant “Lolly Legs” if the Sharks attempt a conversion

Make sure you look up at the houses behind the hill and wave at everyone on the roof tops

Boo at everytime the Sharks make a tackle - we will get 2-3 penalties in fear of the refs cars being damaged

Take gloves if you go to the toilet blocks or scuba gear - DON’T WEAR THONGS!!!

really enjoyed the rising “ohhhhhhhhhhh” the crowd did whenever benji put up a high kick 😄

My Tips, From the CBD.
If you’re near town hall the 500- 506 buses are frequent and very quick to get to Cnr of Darling St and Victoria rd. but from there is a bit of a walk to the ground from there. Luckily there are heaps of good pubs along that stretch ( so you won’t die of thirst) they will all be packed with Tigers fans. The Red Lion and the Garry Owen are the pick.
If you don’t want the pubs (with kids) and want a short cut from Victoria road. Walk through Callen Park to the Glover street entrance. Load up on the sausage sandwichs from the street stalls. Heaps better than the food inside the ground.
If you’re at Central then light rails is ok. It can be slow and infrequent on a Sunday.
Inside the ground- If you’re looking to buy beers from the beer caravans. Look for the one with the beer nazi yelling at punters to get their money ready and have their order decided before getting to the counter. Once at counter you have about 2 seconds to say your order and hand over cash otherwise she will boot you out.she is about 5’2 and has a very load voice. Her beer lines are the fastest moving in the country

@Fitzy05 said in Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.:

My Tips, From the CBD.
If you’re near town hall the 500- 506 buses are frequent and very quick to get to Cnr of Darling St and Victoria rd.

Wouldn’t the 440 be better?

Watch out for the peanut guy, stepped on my hand once.

Clap politely for any meat and potatoes hit up of 8 metres or more by a prop who lands on their front. Wingers need to beat a tackle for a clap. Halves, centres and second rowers earn an “oooh” if they poke their nose through.

Expect flat periods from the crowd, something that never used to happen pre 2005 but has become a thing since the ground has attracted more casual fans.

@OzLuke can you print a few thousand leaflets

Here’s a tip: enter from the Glover st entrance. There’s something quite spiritual as you walk up the incline, over the rise, and there she is - the 8th wonder in all her glory!! Special moment imo.

My tip, find this fella and soak up the natural beauty of the 8th.

@Tiger_Steve said in Leichardt Oval hints and tips for a first timer.:

Here’s a tip: enter from the Glover st entrance. There’s something quite spiritual as you walk up the incline, over the rise, and there she is - the 8th wonder in all her glory!! Special moment imo.

Yeah, good call. It’s just appears before you at once.