Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday

• I wonder how all the press around Robbie’s will he or won’t he play is affecting our players particularly the younger guys

I think you can look at it two ways , the focus is solely on Robbie and not on the side

The other side is the pressure that many of our younger less experienced guys are dealing with the focus

I even wonder whether Robbie is actually no chance of playing , but trying to take the focus off our boys

Thoughts ??

• I think it’s a positive and believe that you are right and he is just taking the heat for the team. It’s actually a positive if the younger guys can focus on footy and not worry about the importance of the game and speaking to the media about that.

• Think it’s a positive. Takes media attention off the other players. Also, keeps the Sharks guessing if he’s playing or not. Hope the team milks it until as late as possible

• ABC radio is no longer featuring that story up here in NQ. They’ve moved on to the ‘grudge clash’ between Eels and Seagulls.
    Cant see why it would be a negative. The coach will have them prepared for whichever way it eventuates

• The Sharks have to prepare for both possibilities being Robbie playing and not playing so that has to be a positive (even though they have several players named that may not play as well).

• The players will already know whether he’s playing or not. A few days won’t make a difference. Either he’s 100% fit now and participating fully at training and doing all contact work, or he isn’t. If he’s only doing 75% of training at this stage then he’s no chance.

• @NT_Tiger said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

ABC radio is no longer featuring that story up here in NQ. They’ve moved on to the ‘grudge clash’ between Eels and Seagulls.
    Cant see why it would be a negative. The coach will have them prepared for whichever way it eventuates

Until Federer lost at the US Open Robbie was the lead story on Fox Sports

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

I wonder how all the press around Robbie’s will he or won’t he play is affecting our players particularly the younger guys

I think you can look at it two ways , the focus is solely on Robbie and not on the side

The other side is the pressure that many of our younger less experienced guys are dealing with the focus

I even wonder whether Robbie is actually no chance of playing , but trying to take the focus off our boys

Thoughts ??

Zero effect…Madge doesn’t play games remember

img_20190904_113136.jpg

• @happy_tiger said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

@NT_Tiger said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

ABC radio is no longer featuring that story up here in NQ. They’ve moved on to the ‘grudge clash’ between Eels and Seagulls.

Until Jofra marks out his run up !

• It’s what Robbie craves.
    He can’t keep out of the media at the best of times.
    He is a pig in mud right now.

It’s not the first time he has done this, he knew he wasn’t going to play origin but joined the camp and hang around the “boys”.
    His ego was monstrous then, the next origin series he was thinking Daley would pick him from reserve grade.

If the focus is on Robbie, the team aren’t distracted. They are used to it by now.

• @happy_tiger
    Perhaps they can remember the last time he left.

• @hobbo1 said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

@happy_tiger said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

@NT_Tiger said in Is the Robbie distraction a positive or a negative for Sunday:

Until Jofra marks out his run up !

India are thrashing the Wind… oh that’s right

• I don’t like it. More so for Reynolds than anything else. Then again, i’m sure the inner sanctum know whats going on.

Really the game this week is no bigger than the last 3 we’ve played. They have all required us to win. It just so happens we dropped one and results went our way to keep us alive. This game is being hyped up more than the others because it’s a Leichhardt and it’s a straight shootout. I was very relieved to hear Benji say it’s up to the players to bring the crowd into the game and not the other way around.

I will say one thing though, all they hype has been around us this week while the Sharks quietly go about their business.

• If its a distraction for anyone, its the opposition. It wouldn’t be for us, because our players would know the situation with him, and how likely or unlikely he is to play.

• Let the media keep harping on about Faf while the team and the coach knuckle down to business. As others have said it is a distraction for the Sharks not us, inside the circle the group will know what’s up.

Recent Topics