Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System

• Maguire’s Game Plan; Faith in the System

There has been a noticeable change in the way Wests Tigers approach games in 2019. One that is methodical, not born from talent or emotion. It is eerily similar to the Melbourne Storm. Nobody gets lost because everybody knows where they are meant to be at a particular point in time, and what they should be doing when they are there.

The fact that almost every player has improved under his coaching is a testament to the systems Michael Maguire has put in place. Most clubs take at least 2-3 years to change old habits and ways of thinking. He has managed to do so in only 10 months. A team full of players who, in the past when the chips were down, would revert to bad habits of desperation. Players who would look at each other for blame as try after try was run in by the opposition.

Now, the players are beginning to understand what it takes to be competitive. A previous train of thought of an average Wests Tigers player in a tough position would be “what can I do to make a difference here?”, whereas the Maguire-molded player is thinking “what is required of me in this situation?” Two nearly-identical thought processes, yet they heavily differ in philosophy. The former asks a player to think subjectively as an individual, the latter wants that player to think objectively in the interests of the collective.

Fans should be excited for season 2020. Michael Maguire has his team heading in a good direction.

• After the rubbish we have had coaching us its good to see Maguire taking control.

• ForumSupporter

Coach Whisperer stuff…

Ooooooooooam

• @Kazoo-Kid said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

Maguire’s Game Plan; Faith in the System

There has been a noticeable change in the way Wests Tigers approach games in 2019. One that is methodical, not born from talent or emotion. It is eerily similar to the Melbourne Storm. Nobody gets lost because everybody knows where they are meant to be at a particular point in time, and what they should be doing when they are there.

The fact that almost every player has improved under his coaching is a testament to the systems Michael Maguire has put in place. Most clubs take at least 2-3 years to change old habits and ways of thinking. He has managed to do so in only 10 months. A team full of players who, in the past when the chips were down, would revert to bad habits of desperation. Players who would look at each other for blame as try after try was run in by the opposition.

Now, the players are beginning to understand what it takes to be competitive. A previous train of thought of an average Wests Tigers player in a tough position would be “what can I do to make a difference here?”, whereas the Maguire-molded player is thinking “what is required of me in this situation?” Two nearly-identical thought processes, yet they heavily differ in philosophy. The former asks a player to think subjectively as an individual, the latter wants that player to think objectively in the interests of the collective.

Fans should be excited for season 2020. Michael Maguire has his team heading in a good direction.

Great thought provoking post.

• @The_Patriot said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

After the rubbish we have had coaching us its good to see Maguire taking control.

You’ve been quiet this last week - don’t feel the need to give Benji a thumbs up? 👍

• Not sure if it’s mugire’s influence but watching the reply of the game when Thommo made the error and the dragons scored his team mates were not happy you saw the disappointment in a few faces.

To me it didn’t seem as though it was directed at thommo specifically it looked as though they were genuinely annoyed at having let in a soft try. The response is what impressed me, they hit back with 4 try’s.

Maybe a coincidence, you could argue we were playing an out form team but none the less I was impressed with the response and for my mind that has to be because of good leadership.

• @Tiger_Steve said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

@The_Patriot said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

After the rubbish we have had coaching us its good to see Maguire taking control.

You’ve been quiet this last week - don’t feel the need to give Benji a thumbs up? 👍

Yeah im picking and choosing what i post as i cant stand the Farah haters and their absolute miserable opinions. If i dont see the rubbish im less likely to respond to it aggressively and get myself banned.

Ill be back.

Benji is going great by the way. What a difference a good coach makes to a player like Benji.

• ForumSupporter

@Tiger_Steve said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

Yeah im picking and choosing what i post as i cant stand the Farah haters and their absolute miserable opinions. If i dont see the rubbish im less likely to respond to it aggressively and get myself banned.

Ill be back.

Benji is going great by the way. What a difference a good coach makes to a player like Benji.

Maguire rates Brooks too…

• @Geo said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

Ill be back.

Maguire rates Brooks too…

Has more faith in him than i do. Lets hope he doesnt go into his shell this week. We need him to run the ball.

• @The_Patriot said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

Ill be back.

The people I respect on here are those that can give differing opinions based on what’s in front of them. Love your Benji comment!
    PS: Fact that I respect someone really means next to nothing I suppose but just saying

• @The_Patriot yes the Farah knockers and Liddle disciples get a bit much sometime.

• @Jedi_Tiger said in Maguire's Game Plan; Faith in the System:

@The_Patriot yes the Farah knockers and Liddle disciples get a bit much sometime.

But somewhere in the middle lies common sense.
    It’s obvious to me after watching Reynolds and Marshall at 9 that Farah is slowing down - so a fit Liddle has something to offer on the field

• @Tiger_Steve
    But we dont really know what a fit Liddle looks like. I’ve been a big fan of the prospect of Liddle. I’m beginning to doubt that we will ever see him full time in first grade.

• @Tiger_Steve agreed faff calling it quits now is perfect timing imo…he’s not cutting his career shot but staying staying around too long…if played on again next year that would have been an issue

• Why do you think my username is named after this man?

Recent Topics