Bye Farah

@rustycage The penny just never drops ! Leichhardt oval was Balmains traditionally ground not the Weststigers . Yesterday showed again what Leichhardt oval is , a throw back to the 70,s a small suburban ground with pathetic ammenities. So with2 must win games over the last 2 years with a sell out crowd that was anything but supportive the team plays like crap … it was was like the players did not want to be there was the cry from the Leichhardt fan club about BankWest stadium , hence a horrible place . I say the players yesterday seemed they did not want to be playing at Leichhardt !the support that come from the sell out crowd was basically non exsitant!
Leichhardt oval is a myth , our club has to give its supporter base its own home ground not live on the coat tails of times gone by as yesterday puts to bed once and for all the fallacy that Leichhardt oval is !
There will be three new stadiums to choose from in the not to distant future for god sake choose one to finally be our home ground the WESTSTIGERS home ground !

last edited by Snake

@Snake Very well said mate, I like Leichhardt but you are right.

@Snake said in Bye Farah:

@rustycage The penny just never drops ! Leichhardt oval was Balmains traditionally ground not the Weststigers . Yesterday showed again what Leichhardt oval is , a throw back to the 70,s a small suburban ground with pathetic ammenities. So with2 must win games over the last 2 years with a sell out crowd that was anything but supportive the team plays like crap … it was was like the players did not want to be there was the cry from the Leichhardt fan club about BankWest stadium , hence a horrible place . I say the players yesterday seemed they did not want to be playing at Leichhardt !the support that come from the sell out crowd was basically non exsitant!
Leichhardt oval is a myth , our club has to give its supporter base its own home ground not live on the coat tails of times gone by as yesterday puts to bed once and for all the fallacy that Leichhardt oval is !
There will be three new stadiums to choose from in the not to distant future for god sake choose one to finally be our home ground the WESTSTIGERS home ground !

The team played like crap because we have a lot of crappy players … not because of Leichhardt Oval.

G’day @Snake: your best ever post. And thanks for calling out team WESTSTIGERS!!!✌ ☺

That is absolutely not true. The support from the crowd was fantastic until the game got away from us in the ten minutes after half time. There was little to cheer about until the Garner try and when he scored the response was deafening. The crowd anticipation before the match was brilliant but we couldn’t match with the Sharks and the disappointment was evident.
Know your feelings on Bankwest Snake but yesterday’s game and result did nothing to support your argument.

@Snake your record is scratched, keeps playing the same old thing.

Was a great day at LO yesterday except the result. We play like that anywhere and we get beaten.

The amenities are bad, sure there not the best but I got to use the toilet when ever I needed, I got food when I wanted. Sure I had to line up and wait a few minutes, had a chat with the bloke in the queue next to me, was a good block was it you?

Had to walk to and from Victoria rd caught a bus in, got to speak to a few people on the way, ran into Kerry Hemsley shock his hand and thanked him for the memories.

Result was poor but the day was great. That’s what I love about going to the footy. Result is always 1 up or 1 down.

@cktiger said in Bye Farah:

The team played like crap because we have a lot of crappy players … not because of Leichhardt Oval.

And our losses at Bankwest was because of the team aswell. Not the venue.

Because its not a factor, despite the romantic narrative.

Its Not our fault or the venues fault we lost on Sunday.

Out played

We do however need 1 Home ground that we train and play at ( Like Brooky, Shark Park etc)

and

We need to continue the roster renovations

Can I please voice my complaints to the dopes that decided to present Paul Gallen a frame and dilute Robbie’s send-off?

You have almost 20K people there and the match was lost with 15 to go. You get Robbie doing his lap of honour immediately after FT and just shuffle the Sharks players off the field. Nobody at a Tigers home game cares about the Sharks at FT. I don’t want to hear from Paul Gallen, I don’t want to hear Farah being forced to wish them well for next week. Gallen has already had his arrogant lair moment taking an unnecessary and disrespectful field goal; everything in Paul Gallen’s mind is about Paul Gallen first and foremost, and we pandered to it.

Stuff Paul Gallen, get him off the field, he had his farewell last week and still has another match to play.

Half the crowd was gone by the time Robbie actually went around. He spent 10 mins talking to Fox and another 15 mins being forced to be pal-sy with Gallen. They have no idea how to do a send-off.

@GNR4LIFE said in Bye Farah:

Because its not a factor, despite the romantic narrative.

It’s not a factor when we don’t have players good enough to compete…our roster the last few years has been mediocre.
The fact that people love to go there for the atmosphere, regardless of this, is the romantic narrative.
You’re obviously among those that don’t feel the attraction… fair enough.

@jirskyr said in Bye Farah:

Can I please voice my complaints to the dopes that decided to present Paul Gallen a frame and dilute Robbie’s send-off?

You have almost 20K people there and the match was lost with 15 to go. You get Robbie doing his lap of honour immediately after FT and just shuffle the Sharks players off the field. Nobody at a Tigers home game cares about the Sharks at FT. I don’t want to hear from Paul Gallen, I don’t want to hear Farah being forced to wish them well for next week. Gallen has already had his arrogant lair moment taking an unnecessary and disrespectful field goal; everything in Paul Gallen’s mind is about Paul Gallen first and foremost, and we pandered to it.

Stuff Paul Gallen, get him off the field, he had his farewell last week and still has another match to play.

Half the crowd was gone by the time Robbie actually went around. He spent 10 mins talking to Fox and another 15 mins being forced to be pal-sy with Gallen. They have no idea how to do a send-off.

It was very poorly handled - but it seems everything is about keeping Fox Sports happy.

@Telltails said in Bye Farah:

It was very poorly handled - but it seems everything is about keeping Fox Sports happy.

Well if they are paying several hundred million I can cop them getting first access to Robbie, because they are about to cut-away to the Knights-Panthers match.

But as for presenting stuff to Gallen and giving him the microphone - no please. The only upside about the end of 2019 is I probably don’t have to hear from Paul Gallen ever again, so long as Fox Sports refrain from adding him to their commentary teams.

@MAGPIES1963 said in Bye Farah:

Yes, I agree, Bye Farah. As I feel we will be a much better team next year without him.
Without a doubt, he has been the most divisive player we have had since the inglorious days of Benny Elias.

His ego has caused too many problems for Wests Tigers. On top of that he had two club 400 game celebrations (one in Queensland and the other the following week at Leichhardt) and still insisted playing his final game with a broken leg. Thanks.

@Telltails said in Bye Farah:

Well if they are paying several hundred million I can cop them getting first access to Robbie, because they are about to cut-away to the Knights-Panthers match.

But as for presenting stuff to Gallen and giving him the microphone - no please. The only upside about the end of 2019 is I probably don’t have to hear from Paul Gallen ever again, so long as Fox Sports refrain from adding him to their commentary teams.

Oh they will