Season 2019: Pass or Fail?

More than half the supporter base has a loser mentality

last edited by innsaneink

@innsaneink said in Season 2019: Pass or Fail?:

More than half the supporter base has a loser mentality

Maybe they are more frustrated than anything…

G’day @851: x2 or x3 or x4 for me. Some on here make reference to Leichhardt being a ‘spiritual’ home ground. I feel the ‘positive spirits’ that make any ground a fortress/spiritual home ground or whatever, couldn’t handle the stress of us finishing 9th every year and said “bugger this joint ☠ we’re outa here” a cupla years ago.

Fail for me.

I understand completely they did well considering the circumstances. All the wasted money Ben, Packer etc etc. New coach. Pretty sub par playing roster.

But I don’t care lol. I don’t care the reasons. We’ve had reasons for years. Not that I am really upset, it’s familiar teritory. I’m not particularly hopeful or optimistic about making the finals next year. I’ll believe it when it happens. But I will watch them every chance I get and support them anyway 🙂 I’m only in my 30s but old enough to remember going to Magpies games and watching them lose pretty much all the time. Not much has changed, we finish a little higher up the ladder usually these days, close enough to have some excitement and then miss out but I still enjoy the football lol. When NSW lost how many years in a row I loved Origin then also. I don’t think i’ll enjoy it that much again because it was so epic. When we have the next ‘2005’ it will be fantastic.

It’s a fail for the club.

We are the ones who assembled this squad. 3/20 or 0/8, whichever way you look at it, it’s quite pathetic.

Seriously at what point do we start calling this club a failure and put it in the ground? 50% of the JV is bankrupt, on-field continuous failures. It’s not one person’s fault but seriously we as fans deserve better.

Luke Garner played an amazing game, but he was still out there laughing and smiling post match. I never have issues with players forgetting about the game once the siren sounds, but to most of these guys- they only care about the 2 years they’ve been at this club. They don’t care about the fans who haven’t been to a finals game in close to 10 years. Again, it’s not Garner’s fault or Madge’s or one person’s fault. It’s a collective failure of the highest order.

Rant over.

Are they still training till GF day like it was stated in an article ? I hope they are.

I can say truthfully that every non-Tigers support I know, not the world’s biggest sample but not insignificant, thinks Tigers have a rubbish roster and over-performed in 2019.

In that respect, I can take my own opinion of pass-mark and give it the credibility that other fans think our roster is ordinary, but the team performed alright.

Especially considering some of the strong rosters that performed very poorly in 2019 - Panthers, Knights, Dragons, Warriors.

@jirskyr said in Season 2019: Pass or Fail?:

I can say truthfully that every non-Tigers support I know, not the world’s biggest sample but not insignificant, thinks Tigers have a rubbish roster and over-performed in 2019.

In that respect, I can take my own opinion of pass-mark and give it the credibility that other fans think our roster is ordinary, but the team performed alright.

Especially considering some of the strong rosters that performed very poorly in 2019 - Panthers, Knights, Dragons, Warriors.

How do your mates think the club has performed ?

@gallagher said in Season 2019: Pass or Fail?:

@jirskyr said in Season 2019: Pass or Fail?:

How do your mates think the club has performed ?

I just said, over-performed. They thing Tigers are a bottom 4 roster not 9th. They think 9th was a good result compared to the teams near to them like Sharks and Panthers.

Each season I thought the goal of each team is to make top 4 or top 8 at least.

When this is not achieved - simple cold hard truth - it’s a FAIL.

Yes the team did well this year with roster on hand, but yet again frustratingly were not good enough to play finals footy.

last edited by westTAHger

FAIL, FAIL, FAIL by 53%.

The Tigers once again failed along with 14 other clubs. Let’s be realistic, no team plays in the NRL to finish third, eighth or last - they all play to win, so every year there are 15 losers and we are just one of them - this year we failed by 60%.

Titans failed by 100%, Dragons by 93%, Cowboys by 87%, Warriors by 80%, Bulldogs by 73%, Knights by 67%, Pamfers by 60% and Tigers by 53% - another 7 clubs to follow.

So 15 clubs fail every year - we failed less than 7 clubs.

We will try to win the Premiership again next year to avoid being one of the 15 losers.

Put it this way,

I’d rather be a Tigers fan than a Warriors, Dragons, Knights, Titans, Broncos or Panthers fan. These are teams who have squads assembled to make top 4s and win premierships now but are in turmoil and can’t even make the 8. We at least have answers, we know what needs to be done to improve. They have no idea and need reviews and answers. For that I give us a pass mark.

Our problem as a club is that every time we put ourselves in a position to move forward and do something positive, we undergo drastic change with a new coach and it all turns to a rabble again.

I know the last time wasn’t the club’s fault and Cleary dogged it hard but we need some stability now under Madge. Let him fix Cleary’s mess and hopefully he can do it sooner rather than later because I don’t know how much more this fan base can handle.

@kafta said in Season 2019: Pass or Fail?:

we need the spoon, Coming 9th brings the same crap over & over.

We don’t need the spoon. The real problem is we keep getting done by Wests Tigers people in power who couldn’t care about making wasteful decisions when they are in charge of whatever is left of our CAP space. Pacoe’s decision in regards to Farah’s ambassador role and the hit to our CAP is just one of these CAP space wastes.

The way people are answering this question, it should rather be “2019: Overachieved or Underachieved?”.
I think most would then agree with the current 65% Overachieved. It might even be higher.

But 65% say this season is a PASS?

Ummm No.

A season without finals is FAIL.

There is always a thread on these forums before the season starts where we vote on where we predict the Tigers will finish.
I’d love to see that now (I can’t find it) but I have a fair hunch that an average prediction would have been 9th or 10th.
Make of that what you will.