Team for 2020

• @TonyH said in Team for 2020:

Am I missing something ?
    Is Jennings really that bad ?

yes, you’re obviously missing a lot. have you watched us this season?

• Does everyone realise Clark only made 4 hit-ups today? Absolutely pathetic for a starting prop. Why is he in anyone’s 17? He’s had worse stats than Packer yet few seem to be complaining about him. His very poor mistake cost us dearly today, one of our few chances to attack and he crapped his pants

• Jennings was a disappointment this year. He was a shadow of the player he was at the Rabbitohs

• @willow I dont know if Benji could maintain the defence aspect at hooker.
    I like Talau, Bradley, we need something alright, may as well give them a go, hopefully its them.

Really need some players from outside, but, dont know if thats a possibility…

• @TYGA I’m certainly sick of the same old rubbish year after year. I say do it, I’ll happily cop another year of rubbish to fix things. Better than another year of rubbish still not going anywhere.

• As GNR said, it’s too early to start throwing out team lists until we know more about who’s coming and going. Regardless, couple of thoughts…
    I) I love Corey Thompson, but we need a better fullback. Thompson to wing, Jennings to reserve grade.
    II) Assuming we can’t offload Reynolds or Mbye because of their large contracts, I’d go with Mbye as starting hooker and Reynolds on the bench to give him a breather. I’d prefer this to spending money (and a roster spot) on another hooker. Once Liddle is back, Mbye can fill holes in the backline

• No doubt in the media they’ll once again be one of the favourites for the spoon but not disappoint us by coming 9th yet again.

• I saw the team posted on page 1. That I is the worst backline I have ever seen excluding Brooks, Marshall and Marsters. Simply the backs are small and slow. We need a new fullback, two new wingers and one centre.

• @mike and yet Maguire gets a free kick with this signing

• Can only hope it’s the same roster as this year minus those sad lazy depressing gronks.

Packer #1 drain/sap of our cap. What an absolute pathetic no heart having dog.

Matulino, McQueen, Esan, Reynolds…
    I assume Rochow is gone and not sure what’s happening with Chris but let’s be honest… we don’t want or need him.

I’d be keeping Elijah though.

Targets include: a centre, a winger, a hooker and some forwards.

Mawene Hiroti winger from rabbits
    Kayne Kalache prop from dogs
    Billy Walters utility from storm

Guys we can try and get one year early as they’re contracted for 2020

Zac Lomax - fullback/ centre
    Maika Sivo or Mikaela Ravalava- gun Fijian wingers. Would be great to get one of these guys.
    Renof Toomaga- dogs forward
    Ryan James- would be perfect for our pack, something we really need. A fwd leader.
    Remis Smith - super star back who would solidify our back line as the best.

1 Lomax
    2 Smith
    3 Mbye
    4 Momorovski
    5 Hiroti… or one if the Fiji boys
    6 Benji
    7 Brooks
    8 Twal
    9 Walters / Liddle
    10 Ryan James ©
    11 Garner
    12 Aloiai
    13 Matterson

14 Walters / Liddle
    15 Mikaele
    16 Toomaga
    17 Clarke / Kalache

18 MCK

• A little birdie told me Twal may and i emphasise MAY being wearing a different cat on the jumper next year.

• @Furious1 interesting. A swap with Tyrone May.

Clark, Twal, Mikaele, Aloiai are all very young forwards. If we could keep them and develop them plus replace Matulino, McQueen and Packer with players who actually get on the field and make a difference our team looks alright.

• @TigerTiger said in Team for 2020:

@TYGA I’m certainly sick of the same old rubbish year after year. I say do it, I’ll happily cop another year of rubbish to fix things. Better than another year of rubbish still not going anywhere.

It won’t be popular but no one has rebuilt the roster properly since we fell apart in 2012. If we can get the Matulino retirement alone and add two good players we are not far away. We need to move players on more importantly this off season and give players like Talau, Seyfarth, Bradley experience.

• @krayola said in Team for 2020:

@Furious1 interesting. A swap with Tyrone May.

Clark, Twal, Mikaele, Aloiai are all very young forwards. If we could keep them and develop them plus replace Matulino, McQueen and Packer with players who actually get on the field and make a difference our team looks alright.

I’m not sure why anyone would want someone like Tyrone May at the club.

• Hard to say at this stage as (I’m hoping) we’ll have a few new faces competing for spots next year. But from what we’ve seen & what we need, something like this…

1. Thompson

2. Nofo

3. Mbye

4. Momo

5. ?? (Talau, Bradley?)

6. Reynolds

7. Brooks

8. Mikaele

9. Marshall

10. Twal

11. Matterson

12. Garner