PETER V'LANDYS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NRL

With the current salary cap @ 9.6M is any player worth 16% of a clubs salary cap.Even with a new TV deal due there is no guarantee that income will increase due to the economic climate in the industry at present

@Elderslie_Tiger said in PETER V'LANDYS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NRL:

With the current salary cap @ 9.6M is any player worth 16% of a clubs salary cap.Even with a new TV deal due there is no guarantee that income will increase due to the economic climate in the industry at present

PETER V’LANDYS to take over in October from Peter Beattie at last someone with Brains in a pisition of importance in our sport should be able to keep Toddy in his place watch NRL take off now.

The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) today announced that Mr Peter V’landys AM has been elected unanimously as Chairman of the ARLC.

Mr V’landys will take up the position effective 30 October 2019.

It was also agreed that The Hon Peter Beattie AC will remain on the Commission to assist with the transition and pending the appointment of other Commissioners.

Mr Beattie and fellow Commissioners extended their congratulations to Peter V’landys on his appointment.

Peter V’landys looks forward to taking on the role of Chairman.
“In the meantime, there is a lot of exciting football to take place as we head into the Final Series and we look forward to concentrating on that,” Mr V’landys said.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/09/arlc-statement/?utm_source=NRLFBContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

It sounds promising. Hopefully it’s not another false dawn.

Great choice. He’s a smart operator.

This guy looks like one of Tony Sopranos made men !

@gallagher said in PETER V'LANDYS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NRL:

It sounds very promising if he does half as much for the NRL as he has done for Racing NSW then we are in good hands however reports say Todd is being considered for a two year extension for me its 2 years too long I’d give him one and tell him he’s on notice.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in PETER V'LANDYS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NRL:

@gallagher said in PETER V'LANDYS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NRL:

It sounds very promising if he does half as much for the NRL as he has done for Racing NSW then we are in good hands however reports say Todd is being considered for a two year extension for me its 2 years too long I’d give him one and tell him he’s on notice.

I wouldn’t give the turd any extension. An utterly biased person who should be shown the door as soon as possible. That would fair and not equal right?

I like it, he knows how to make things viable and profitable whilst bringing people through gates/media channels. Smart move ARL.