“Fortress Leichhardt

• One of the first things we should do in 2020 is to get rid of the “Fortress Leichhardt “ mentality, from a Wests Tigers point of view ,it should be renamed “Fortress Chokehardt”, no home ground advantage at all.

• @rex2ce said in “Fortress Leichhardt:

One of the first things we should do in 2020 is to get rid of the “Fortress Leichhardt “ mentality, from a Wests Tigers point of view ,it should be renamed “Fortress Chokehardt”, no home ground advantage at all.

It once was a fortress. Back in the mid to late 80’s. The myth has just carried on.

We’re living in the past.

• @rex2ce said in “Fortress Leichhardt:

One of the first things we should do in 2020 is to get rid of the “Fortress Leichhardt “ mentality, from a Wests Tigers point of view ,it should be renamed “Fortress Chokehardt”, no home ground advantage at all.

That has nothing to do with the ground or the crowds.

It is however to do with our roster, the teams “will to win” the referees that do not give calls to the home team, like they do at other grounds.

Blaming Leichhardt Oval is a very poor excuse for losing.

• No ground is a fortress if the team is not good enough on the day. People just like to watch footy there, and for some reason those that don’t seem to have a real problem with that.

• What is the point of this thread?

Do you know who calls it “Fortress Leichhardt”? The media. Some fans like going there, if it’s not your cup of tea, fine.

I have nothing against CSS or ANZ either, but also they don’t have the history of Leichhardt that the media plays upon. That’s just fact and it’s never really going to be “Fortress ANZ” if we share the stadium with 4 other clubs.

Just enjoy football, stop your whinging.

• @rex2ce You are now on the Leichhardt fan club hit list … welcome to the club 😂 . It is a great venue for one Sunday arvo a year fully packed out other than that a waste of time … the players just do not respond ! and the track record is there for all to see …

• @matchball said in “Fortress Leichhardt:

Back in the mid to late 80’s.

Well, also 1936-1950, 1961-1966, 1969. Yes that’s in the past, but if that’s a problem, so is anything to do with Balmain or Magpies.

• Just curious what the winning record was at Bankwest this year?

• @Furious1 said in “Fortress Leichhardt:

Just curious what the winning record was at Bankwest this year?

Maybe Snake can tell you.

• @Telltails said in “Fortress Leichhardt:

No ground is a fortress if the team is not good enough on the day. People just like to watch footy there, and for some reason those that don’t seem to have a real problem with that.

I got a problem with it because we lose money playing there most times. I’d rather the club make money to try and turn the joint around.

• i think we have been 2 from 10 at CSO and 1 from 4 at bankwest
    LO packed is still one of the great grounds great atmosphere even though we lost

• Seems most of the whining about Leichhardt is coming from oldies on one side of the merger… and that’s a shame.
    Looking at the crowd yesterday there were plenty who wouldn’t have been born (or were very young) when it was Balmain’s home ground and just go to support WestsTigers … because they see it as a real home ground and it has a charm to it.
    Sure it’s nice to sit in a new stadium, problem being they have no soul.
    Maybe, to keep everyone happy, call it Fortress Campbelltown when we play there, Fortress BankWest… or even better play out of Fortress Lidcombe.

• G’day @rex2ce: I agree with your comments completely re "Fortress Leichhardt.
    Also, may I take this opportunity to say thank you for calling out team Wests Tigers.

• We averaged more at Bankwest this year than our other grounds. That’s about 17 years now that stadium crowds have bettered the traditional grounds.

• @gallagher said in “Fortress Leichhardt:

We averaged more at Bankwest this year than our other grounds. That’s about 17 years now that stadium crowds have bettered the traditional grounds.

Is that because the traditional Easter Monday game is always at one of those stadiums? Genuine question.

Recent Topics