Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged

• @TigersBusDriver said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

Wait, I’m confused. I know about the shoulder charge but I didn’t see any taunting, I must have missed it? What happened?

Seriously? He was carrying on like a Mundine. Needs an uppercut. He’s got a very punchable mug. Unfortunately, the likes of him are protected species nowadays out there. He’s a complete flog - must be a qlder.

• Nothing against him personally and don’t mind a bit of attitude if you are just starting your career.

Can’t believe the refs missed the S/C though, what good does a week on the sidelines do for the Tigers?

• I miss the days of a player scoring a try or doing something awesome and not making a huge scene about it. Just be humble and show some class.

• @OzLuke said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

I miss the days of a player scoring a try or doing something awesome and not making a huge scene about it. Just be humble and show some class.

These days the players make a huge scene if the opposition player drops the player. More cases it was the opposition player’s fault for dropping the ball and nothing to do with the tackler/s.

• @Newtown said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

player.

Sorry my post should read “drops the ball” NOT “drops the player”.

• @Newtown said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

@Newtown said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

player.

Sorry my post should read “drops the ball” NOT “drops the player”.

“Drops the player” has more impact… lol 😂 😂😂

• @OzLuke said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

I miss the days of a player scoring a try or doing something awesome and not making a huge scene about it. Just be humble and show some class.

I don’t disagree but the pressures and scrutiny of “those days” are nothing like the modern game. There’s a lot riding on every game, 100% televised, and many careers are over in a flash.

Put it this way - would you be upset if Mulitalo was playing for Tigers and showing that level of intensity and aggression for us? Compared to someone like Jennings who displays no emotion and minimal aggression.

Sure Mulitalo hasn’t achieved anything in his career, but he outplayed both our wingers, including an embarrassing rag-dolling of Jennings. He’s also allowed to carry on a bit for his first finals campaign, I can understand that, when many of his team-mates are more subdued because they’ve already won a GF before.

• @jirskyr said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

but he outplayed both our wingers

Not sure I agree. I thought Nofo went well considering. I often like to do a little thought experiment - how would Nofo have played if he was with the Sharks. I reckon he would have carved us up.

• @jirskyr said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

@OzLuke said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

I don’t disagree but the pressures and scrutiny of “those days” are nothing like the modern game. There’s a lot riding on every game, 100% televised, and many careers are over in a flash.

Put it this way - would you be upset if Mulitalo was playing for Tigers and showing that level of intensity and aggression for us? Compared to someone like Jennings who displays no emotion and minimal aggression.

Sure Mulitalo hasn’t achieved anything in his career, but he outplayed both our wingers, including an embarrassing rag-dolling of Jennings. He’s also allowed to carry on a bit for his first finals campaign, I can understand that, when many of his team-mates are more subdued because they’ve already won a GF before.

In all honestly it would still bug me. The intensity and aggression during play, sure fine that’s what it’s all about, but to bounce around like you’ve cured cancer like these players do is something different. Maybe I am a completely different mindset because if ever I beat someone at sport, I wouldn’t dance around to rub their noses in it. They knew I won and I knew they lost, it was a respect thing and it’s just one of those things that has always irked me. Reminds me of the opening scene of “BasketBall”…these players talk of respect for things, but show none. Having said that the kid does play for the club where ennis viking clapped the raiders in canberra after sharks won…then more recently when discussing fonua-blake stirring up some fans ennis jumped on the respect bandwagon. Ennis has a very short memory

• Apparently he turned us down a while ago as well as Bennett at the Rabbitohs…

• @Madge said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

Apparently he turned us down a while ago as well as Bennett at the Rabbitohs…

After that performance - I am glad of that.

• @Russell said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

@Madge said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

Seriously? I would take him in an instant.
    We lack actually good players, he is what 19 and is one hell of a talent. Nothing that couldn’t be coachable. Would walk straight into our team and would become a fan fav.

• @Mighty_Tiger said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

@Russell said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

@Madge said in Ronaldo Mulitalo - Charged:

Seriously? I would take him in an instant.
    We lack actually good players, he is what 19 and is one hell of a talent. Nothing that couldn’t be coachable. Would walk straight into our team and would become a fan fav.

Agreed MT.

Recent Topics