Confirmed: Matterson released from Wests Tigers.

• @TheDaBoss
    Ever since Matterson visited The Royal Mint on a school excursion he had dreams of his face appearing on the $100 notes, he’s discovered the Tigers don’t have a printing press - dream over!

• Matterson is digging a bigger hole for himself.
    His/ managers declaration about our club being not for him/ unprofessional whatever other excuse they want to come up with, is doing nothing for us in trying to secure a suitable replacement.

• @Telltails said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Matterson is digging a bigger hole for himself.
    His/ managers declaration about our club being not for him/ unprofessional whatever other excuse they want to come up with, is doing nothing for us in trying to secure a suitable replacement.

agree. if theres one thing about robbie Farah, he’s as honest as they come. If he said it’s about money, I’d put my house on it.

• Glad to see no one at the club taking any bait thrown at them by Orr. RM 's management are showing signs of frustration.

• @Kazoo-Kid said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

alt text
    alt text

Hahaha what a load of crap…

Comes across as his manager can’t get the tigers what they want in return for a release. Signs of frustration showing.

• @hammertime said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

@Telltails said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Matterson is digging a bigger hole for himself.

agree. if theres one thing about robbie Farah, he’s as honest as they come. If he said it’s about money, I’d put my house on it.

I hope another player comes out and makes comment about him. How are we not “the right club” for him when Madge got him into career best form? He was 18th man for the Blues, was unlucky not to play one of the first two origin games. His numbers were off the charts. Of course, most of it is down to him to produce that, but still, if we weren’t the right club, then there’s no way he would be able to play like that.

In my opinion, it’s an insult to his team mates to come out with a comment like that. He’s basically saying “I can’t achieve what I want because of my coach and team”.

• Managers comes out and basically blames the Tigers … Not a great move I would say as any deal we don’t like we would decline just to piss them off now… Also saying that will also put doubts in a potential player swap as the other player will say if you don’t want to be there then I am not going either… DOES NOT HELP them at all… Idiots,

• @hsvjones
    I don’t think anything will help them. Ryan has a tanty, manager sees dollar signs and jumps. This does not look like a well thought out, coordinated approach. Read Money Grab

• Tigers are in prime position with Matterson. Basically put himself on the trade block. He’s a talent with big value to another club. In demand and will garner a good return. It will play out November 1st depending on who we sign for 2021. His manager knows this they will wait.
    If we sign Lomax, Brimson, Arrow or any other players it makes sense to move forward and get a swap done a year early. Otherwise he stays until a suitable release and replacement can be found.
    350k won’t hurt us much as being bullied into a dumb move would .

• An Orr managed player supposedly doesn’t want to break a contract for more money upgrade.

And pigs fly

https://twitter.com/ReadingThePlay/status/1187282368366702592?s=19

• Play him in Canterbury Cup and let him miss out on an chance of representative football.

• Getting to the point now with reading that crap from his manager that I really don’t care how our 2020 season pans out, as long as Matterson gets screwed over in reserve grade for a couple of years…

• @Blaze said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Getting to the point now with reading that crap from his manager that I really don’t care how our 2020 season pans out, as long as Matterson gets screwed over in reserve grade for a couple of years…

Won’t happen mate. Clubs, fans, coaches all get screwed but the player never does. He’ll land somewhere for more money and will be rewarded for his petulant, selfish behaviour with an origin jersey. Worlds gone mad

• @Tiger_Steve said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

@Blaze said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Getting to the point now with reading that crap from his manager that I really don’t care how our 2020 season pans out, as long as Matterson gets screwed over in reserve grade for a couple of years…

Won’t happen mate. Clubs, fans, coaches all get screwed but the player never does. He’ll land somewhere for more money and will be rewarded for his petulant, selfish behaviour with an origin jersey. Worlds gone mad

Even if we put him in reserves, watch Freddy pick him for SOO from reserve grade just to make us look stupid!

• @Tiger_Steve yeah I know mate… just really disappointing from a fan point of view. You give a bloke a leg up and they throw it in your face. Personally I don’t care where we end up on the ladder Aslong as the players put in and try for the fans, I’ve come to accept that we will never be a roosters etc… but pride in your work goes a long way with me… these blokes just care about money, back in the day when my old man played for the magpies they had jobs and played for the love of the game… I know it’s big business now, but it’s just disappointing.

Recent Topics