Confirmed: Matterson released from Wests Tigers.

@jirskyr

Spot on. Leilua alone is not worth swapping for Matto. Not a chance. Leilua and Lomax as you said for Matto sounds more reasonable.I’d prefer Jackson Ford instead of Leilua if we’re looking at young Dragons backrowers.

I see Matto in a similar value range as players like Crichton, Murray, Radley, Frizell, TPJ. He’s carrying on like a pork chop but the kid can sure play.

Just to add something on and someone might’ve already touched on this but losing Matto isn’t just losing a starting backrower. Matterson has a fair bit of utility value, he covers back row, lock, 5/8 and can has played in the centres. Gives the bench a bit of flexibility and injury cover.

Luciano Leilua. Why am I not surprised? Surely Madge can see the disparity between what he is losing and what he is gaining there.

Leilua used in the forwards with the high work rate of Seyfarth provides a new dimension for the team. He has the ability to create which we sorely need in our team. He is a Maguire project and will excel under his tutelage,.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Leilua used in the forwards with the high work rate of Seyfarth provides a new dimension for the team. He has the ability to create which we sorely need in our team. He is a Maguire project and will excel under his tutelage,.

Leilua certainly adds a new dimension to our team unfortunately it’s all around his girth.

@pawsandclaws1 I reckon we need less projects and more domestic and international representatives. Surely anything less than a Frizell, Arrow or Crichton would be a major downgrade in my opinion. Whilst Seyfarth has the wraps, he is also unproven at NRL level, essentially another project.

@Bathursttiger2 said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

@TheDaBoss said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Ben hunt…

Go and wash your mouth out.

Jack de felon…

@jirskyr absolutely. No issues with signing Leilua, but for Matterson in a straight swap it doesn’t make much sense.

Is Weight Watchers our new sponsor?

I don’t want a swap of Matterson with any of Leilua, Nathan Brown, or Lomax. I don’t want any of them, as none of them would be capable of the impact or value of Matterson (if he got his attitude and management right).

In fact, what have I missed in Lomax?? i don’t get the hype. I know he can kick goals. Is that it?

@Tiger-Tragic said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

I don’t want a swap of Matterson with any of Leilua, Nathan Brown, or Lomax. I don’t want any of them, as none of them would be capable of the impact or value of Matterson (if he got his attitude and management right).

In fact, what have I missed in Lomax?? i don’t get the hype. I know he can kick goals. Is that it?

He’s been coming to us for 6 months. The new Curtis Rona. This forum always seems to find one opposition player that it latches on to, and come hell or high water, won’t give up the ghost that the club will eventually sign him. I remember for years it was Brett Finch.

There’s been a lot of talk about a swap with the titans ie brimson or arrow. What about Tyrone peachey? He was on the cusp of origin a few years ago.

My preference would be arrow, but I’d take peachey over leilua

@pawsandclaws1 said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Not really, we already have plenty of guys who drop balls and miss tackles

@PabloX said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

There’s been a lot of talk about a swap with the titans ie brimson or arrow. What about Tyrone peachey?

Word was they offered him to us and we polietly declined

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.