Confirmed: Matterson released from Wests Tigers.

@Curaeus said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

@Newtown You don’t need to sue the NRL. You sue the club or whomever approached Matterson or his agent trying to get him to ditch Wests Tigers with 2 years still to run on his contract.

It’s almost like he is just whining for no reason isn’t it. That or he just wants a pay rise and clubs are after him.

This whole thing does seem to be playing out a lot like the Cleary saga. Let’s just hope we come out on top again.

@hammertime said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Does some of the blame here lie with Lawrence? Obviously he set the tone that going to the media with contract issues was acceptable.

That is drawing a long bow.

I personally don’t know what to think now, so many theories floating around, if this bloke is a serial sook, well, my thoughts are get rid of him, and get the best compensation we can get…last thing we need is another mitch moses scenario

@Bones said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

This whole thing does seem to be playing out a lot like the Cleary saga. Let’s just hope we come out on top again.

How did we come out on top from the Cleary saga?

@Spacecub said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Cleary went.

@hammertime said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Does some of the blame here lie with Lawrence? Obviously he set the tone that going to the media with contract issues was acceptable.

No

@gallagher said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Cleary went.

Left us broke

@gallagher said in Matterson unhappy at Tigers?:

Cleary went.

Left us broke

We already were?

@Curaeus We are talking about The Weststigers, the board will be in a foetal position even contemplating a move against the NRL or anyone one else. The only person that had any backbone was shown the door … they will just roll over as always . This is why the Weststigers are the joke of the league , we can talk all we like about players being soft but the realisation is it’s the marshmallows that run the club , what an embarrassment ! This is why players managers line up …,

Can I back the Magpies in next years CC cup? McQueen, Packer, Matulino, Jennings, Matterson, Reynolds we are specials to win the comp.

I think we would come 9th.

I’m starting to think that this is coming from the club when you read the smh articles. If it’s from his management they are not painting him in a good light.
One thing I would not do is give him top dollar like some say on here. Yep good year but it could still be an outlier. Small upgrade but nothing more. I’ve seen to many people have a purple patch and go back to average

We got a better coach and another club is paying for it.

@Wounded_magpie Where there is smoke there is fire… Even Coach didn’t shut it down on TV last night… If there was nothing to it he would of made a point to shut it down on live TV… If he wants out this bad we really have no choice as you don’t want a player here that doesn’t want to be and he is not interested in extending for a higher salary…

So … If he wants out I for one don’t let him walk without something… I say we look at a possible player trade so we can atleast get something…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.