Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official

• @Yossarian said in Billy Walters expected to sign with Wests Tigers within days:

@jirskyr said in Billy Walters expected to sign with Wests Tigers within days:

@PrattenParkMagpie said in Billy Walters expected to sign with Wests Tigers within days:

@hsvjones the player and coach can tell the world anytime they like but the club has a 10 day cooling off period before they can announce it.

Also there may be some general agreement not to announce signings of players from clubs still in the finals race, whether or not they are actually being picked.

Ultimately I don’t think it matters one jot. Who cares if Billy is announced tomorrow or December 10th, what difference does it make to fans for Round 1 2020? If he’s signed, he will do pre-season training, regardless of how quickly we hear about it.

I can’t understand some fans sometimes, who cares if Madge mentioned it on TV but there’s been no press release? Isn’t the word from the coach himself sufficient? You need the paperwork.

It’s the same as some folks criticising the club for not announcing Robbie Rochow’s retirement early enough. Seriously who cares, why waste energy on it.

Wait a minute - Robbie Rochow is retiring? 😧(Screws up membership renewal form)

hears that Jennings is getting a 2 year extension (un screws memebership form)

• Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm the signing of Billy Walters for the coming two seasons.

The two-year deal will see the versatile playmaker join Wests Tigers from the start of the 2020 season until at least the end of the 2021 season.

The son of Queensland Origin Coach Kevin Walters, the 25-year-old Walters made his first-grade debut earlier this year for the Melbourne Storm against St. George-Illawarra in Round 16, before also coming off the bench against South Sydney in Round 21.

Capable of playing at hooker or in the halves, Walters joins Wests Tigers after an impressive season with Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup competition.

In his 17 appearances for the Tigers this year, Walters has directly contributed to 16 tries while also chalking up nine linebreak assists, 70 tackle breaks and over 100 running metres per game.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to Walters taking the next steps forward in his rugby league career at the club.

“I’m pleased to have someone with Billy’s professionalism and talent join our club,” Maguire said. “He has the ability to control a game really well in a number of different positions and will offer strong attacking threat for us.

“Billy has grown a lot in a professional environment over the past few years, and I’m excited to see him take his game to a new level at Wests Tigers in the years ahead.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Walters to the club.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to welcome Billy to the club,” Pascoe said.

“He has been an impressive young man on and off the field for some time now and we’re keen to see him add to his NRL career over the coming two seasons.”

Walters will join Wests Tigers for the start of pre-season training in November.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/10/01/wests-tigers-sign-billy-walters/

• ForumSupporter

This is a surprise…

• @WT2K said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm the signing of Billy Walters for the coming two seasons.

The two-year deal will see the versatile playmaker join Wests Tigers from the start of the 2020 season until at least the end of the 2021 season.

The son of Queensland Origin Coach Kevin Walters, the 25-year-old Walters made his first-grade debut earlier this year for the Melbourne Storm against St. George-Illawarra in Round 16, before also coming off the bench against South Sydney in Round 21.

Capable of playing at hooker or in the halves, Walters joins Wests Tigers after an impressive season with Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup competition.

In his 17 appearances for the Tigers this year, Walters has directly contributed to 16 tries while also chalking up nine linebreak assists, 70 tackle breaks and over 100 running metres per game.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to Walters taking the next steps forward in his rugby league career at the club.

“I’m pleased to have someone with Billy’s professionalism and talent join our club,” Maguire said. “He has the ability to control a game really well in a number of different positions and will offer strong attacking threat for us.

“Billy has grown a lot in a professional environment over the past few years, and I’m excited to see him take his game to a new level at Wests Tigers in the years ahead.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Walters to the club.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to welcome Billy to the club,” Pascoe said.

“He has been an impressive young man on and off the field for some time now and we’re keen to see him add to his NRL career over the coming two seasons.”

Walters will join Wests Tigers for the start of pre-season training in November.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/10/01/wests-tigers-sign-billy-walters/

Bit late to the chase boys 😂

Nice to see it official finally

• @Geo said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

This is a surprise…

Nothing or no one good has ever come from Brisbane Easts …ever

• Welcome to the club. Watched his game for the storm and he looked good.

• @TCL Let’s judge him when he has had a few games … welcome aboard and good luck !

• @TheDaBoss said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

@Yossarian said in Billy Walters expected to sign with Wests Tigers within days:

@jirskyr said in Billy Walters expected to sign with Wests Tigers within days:

@PrattenParkMagpie said in Billy Walters expected to sign with Wests Tigers within days:

@hsvjones the player and coach can tell the world anytime they like but the club has a 10 day cooling off period before they can announce it.

Also there may be some general agreement not to announce signings of players from clubs still in the finals race, whether or not they are actually being picked.

Ultimately I don’t think it matters one jot. Who cares if Billy is announced tomorrow or December 10th, what difference does it make to fans for Round 1 2020? If he’s signed, he will do pre-season training, regardless of how quickly we hear about it.

I can’t understand some fans sometimes, who cares if Madge mentioned it on TV but there’s been no press release? Isn’t the word from the coach himself sufficient? You need the paperwork.

It’s the same as some folks criticising the club for not announcing Robbie Rochow’s retirement early enough. Seriously who cares, why waste energy on it.

Wait a minute - Robbie Rochow is retiring? 😧(Screws up membership renewal form)

hears that Jennings is getting a 2 year extension (un screws memebership form)

and wipes his clacker.

• @happy_tiger Oldies but goodies: Des Morris, John Lang & Paul Green. More recent Cody Walker & now Feeder team into Melb Storm Patrick Kaufusi, Cheyse Blair & Scott Drinkwater (well if he isn’t injured he’s still in Melb) … but yep, they aren’t the Juggernaut like Wynnum Manly or Redcliffe.

• @Geo said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

This is a surprise…

I was expecting Billy Brittain… it is a surprise.

• @Needaname said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

@Geo said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

This is a surprise…

After today hearing Madge slip up, it might be both

• @851 said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

@Needaname said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

@Geo said in Walters signs with Wests Tigers until 2021 Official:

This is a surprise…

After today hearing Madge slip up, it might be both

Almost a certainty Brittain will end up here after that slip. He won NSW Cup player of the year under head coach Shane Millard, who will be an assistant to Maguire here next year.

• @Kazoo-Kid
    Not mention the fact Madge didn’t really even cover it up.
    He even made the statement that, sorry I was talking to Billy Brittain the other day about number 9, I mean Billy Walters.

• 8 character limit. Meh on Walters & Brittain. We have hit the bottom of the barrel and if these are our major recruits it is on par with the Taylor years

• @Harvey we can’t do much with a) our salary cup and b) what’s available on the market for the hooking role. These signings are low risk good reward types.

Recent Topics