POLL: ESAN MARSTERS

• We’ve spoke about this fraud in depth so lets cast our votes.
    If it was up to you… would you keep or release him?

• @Demps we’ve seen what he can do when he’s in form. He needs work though. If next year is going to be much like this year then give him another season to lift. If he doesn’t, move him on.

• @Demps said in POLL: ESAN MARSTERS:

We’ve spoke about this fraud in depth so lets cast our votes.
    If it was up to you… would you keep or release him?

Calling someone a “fraud” makes the poll one sided.You would have far more credibility if you kept that out of the opening statement and just let people vote without your obvious prejudice

• One bad season does not make a bad career.
    Release at own risk of later crying about management making bad decisions.
    Too many on this forum with itchy fingers!

• Didn’t vote as i’m undecided. He certainly didn’t produce the goods this year and doesn’t seem to enjoy Madges coaching so you have to wonder what will change for him next year given the coaching style won’t.

Im also looking forward to seeing what Talau can bring with an off season behind him.

• I think he will be good next year - it was a bad year - everyone has that or has gone through that - he will come good

• I would be keeping him.
    Madness to move him on after one average season when he is under contract.
    There is a far greater need to find a home for Packerlino and JR

• @yeti said in POLL: ESAN MARSTERS:

I would be keeping him.

Yep but Esan would be easier to find a home for. And if Madge feels he can upgrade the position by letting him go, would be crazy not to.

• @avocadoontoast said in POLL: ESAN MARSTERS:

@yeti said in POLL: ESAN MARSTERS:

I would be keeping him.

Yep but Esan would be easier to find a home for. And if Madge feels he can upgrade the position by letting him go, would be crazy not to.

Wouldnt be hard to upgrade the position on his recent form

• I actually like mbye and momo going forward

• Remember this thread, and the poll results when we lose him and he ends up killing it elsewhere while you criticize the club for letting him go.

• He was good in 2018, poor in 2019

He has ability, I’d prefer to see what happens in 2020.

• My decision relies on a few things to fall into place that the poll does not allow for:

• Esan when in form is a very good player to have. Is there a reason for his form slump, what is it, is it something he can recover from here (off-field problems, lack of confidence,) or does he need a fresh start (is it a relationship issue here?)
    • If he goes, are we able to improve the position? I would not let him go only to reach into the bargain bin. At his worst there is plenty of upside. I wouldn’t want to replace him with someone only marginally better than his recent output and that’s the best we’ll see.
    • Reliant on the previous two points, will there be a cap absorption to release him? If it is to be sizable then no.

• I would only release Masters if it means I’m able to get either Jesse Ramien or Curtis Scott, if not keep him for another season and give him a shot to prove us wrong

• G’day @StarswithStripes: re your “when he’s in form. He needs work though”.
    I feel he has been out of form all year…why do you, think that is? and what sort of work does he need?
    Have a great day ☂

Recent Topics