Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?

@pawsandclaws1 said in Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?:

Darwin - the sunsets, Adelaide River with the crocs, wave pool for the kids next to the Neptune Apartments on Darwin Harbour (fenced off of course unless you like croc wrestling), the great markets, the great atmosphere at night with the food vendors along the wharf,.

I love Darwin Paws, been there several times. I’d live there if I could 😊

@Spud_Murphy said in Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?:

Darwin - the sunsets, Adelaide River with the crocs, wave pool for the kids next to the Neptune Apartments on Darwin Harbour (fenced off of course unless you like croc wrestling), the great markets, the great atmosphere at night with the food vendors along the wharf,.

I love Darwin Paws, been there several times. I’d live there if I could 😊

Gold Coast is nice. You might be able to sit next to Matterson on the trip up😜

i love coffs- great city and then sawtell rockpools/southwest rocks/saphire/woolgoolga within 20 minutes

the city has everything too so you don’t feel too far from civilisation.

BIG FAN

You can’t go past Humpty Doo

@balmain-boy said in Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?:

You can’t go past Humpty Doo

Hahaha when I first ventured to the Northern Territory I saw that place on the map and said I have to go there. Had a beer or two and a nice lunch in the pub 😁

if you don’t mind driving to the Tamworth area (seems a lot of tigers fans don’t like it) check out a place called Bob’s Shed. It has the best collection of stuff that will take you back to your childhood, and if you like Peter Brock it’s the place for you

@Spud_Murphy there is NO place like Hawaii! A 9 hour flight and you’re there! Guaranteed warm in October.

@Spud_Murphy

Mate don’t let the recent fires put you off, it only affected a very small area of the Coast.
I live in Caloundra, everywhere bar that small area is totally fine.
Come up, the weather’s warm, the water’s warm, the beer’s cold you’ll enjoy it and I’m sure the local businesses will appreciate it.

@TIGER said in Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?:

@Spud_Murphy

Mate don’t let the recent fires put you off, it only affected a very small area of the Coast.
Come up, the weather’s warm, the water’s warm, the beer’s cold you’ll enjoy it and I’m sure the local businesses will appreciate it.

Mate there’s this beautiful little spot that goes into party mode early September every year. It’s called concord. Sleepy little spot with the only traffic being people trying to get out of the joint

I hear Mt Druitt this time of year has good weather.

@Tiger_Steve said in Any ideas for a good holiday destination in Australia?:

@Spud_Murphy

Mate there’s this beautiful little spot that goes into party mode early September every year. It’s called concord. Sleepy little spot with the only traffic being people trying to get out of the joint

Heard about that place. Matto told me the lattes were crap, so might give it a miss 😂

@Spud_Murphy

Thanks for the info Tiger, I’m feeling happier by the minute about this. Looking forward to some warmer weather, warmer water and a cold beer or two 😁

It’s good getting info from people who actually live in these places because it’s really hard to get a read on just what is going on with all the media reports about these events. Honestly, the news down here last week had the Sunshine Coast bushfire as being the worst thing since Ash Wednesday at one point!

last edited by Spud_Murphy

@Spud_Murphy We are going up to the Sunny Coast next week we normally stay at Marcoola or Mudjimba which is a bit below Peregian Beach.
Marcoola beach is one of those hidden gems that the locals like to keep to their self.
Santorini resort is quite a nice place to stay just opposite a park with BBQ area shaded seating and access to the beach which is patrolled.

If you’re heading up to Qld. Bring us back an Arrow.

@balmain-boy Especially if you like steak and Kidney pies. The Humpty Dumpty takeaway in Humpty Doo makes great pies.
But on a more serious note; the Atherton Tablelands and surrounds are beautiful all year around with plenty of bush camping options. Bit of a drive from Newcastle though.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.