NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers

Full game was uploaded to Youtube recently.

@Tweed_Tiger said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

I have the DVD, great memories

@851 said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

@Tweed_Tiger said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

I have the DVD, great memories

I have the DVD too as well as DVD’s for the entire finals series

Awesome memories

Best game I’ve ever been to, including the gf the week after. The noise when Marshall scored from the scrum in the first few minutes was ridiculous. Our supporters were outnumbered 3 to 1 and we still drowned them out.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@GNR4LIFE said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

Best game I’ve ever been to, including the gf the week after. The noise when Marshall scored from the scrum in the first few minutes was ridiculous. Our supporters were outnumbered 3 to 1 and we still drowned them out.

I watched saints game on TV

You could feel the electricity through the screen

It was amazing

I did get to the grand final though which was awesome

@GNR4LIFE said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

Agreed, still the greatest game ive ever been to without a doubt

@Furious1 Agreed. I have a soft spot for the previous semi where we pasted the Cows by 50 or whatever it was as it was the first game a took my son to (6 y/o) - loved Hodgo’s performance that night, but for “buzz” definitely the Saints game.

I remember when they ran out to warm up - the joint exploded!!

last edited by Tiger_Steve

St. George should have slaughtered us that night. Was an amazing effort from our boys to seal it. I remember being less nervous about the GF than the game against the Saints.

@Cultured_Bogan said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

St. George should have slaughtered us that night. Was an amazing effort from our boys to seal it. I remember being less nervous about the GF than the game against the Saints.

Yeah it was expected to be Parra v saints. How many of us got msgs from Parra fans saying cya next week? I got about 3 or 4.

W a it for the 2020 preliminary final between us and rorters…

probably the biggest game in our history. 2010 against St George was massive as well.

Was a great game! Was there and watched it a number of times. Think I’ll watch it again now.

@gallagher said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

@Cultured_Bogan said in NRL Preliminary Final, 2005 - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Wests Tigers:

Yeah it was expected to be Parra v saints. How many of us got msgs from Parra fans saying cya next week? I got about 3 or 4.

Tickets for the 2005 grand final had been sold out but I was fortunate to buy a ticket from a Parra fan who didn’t want to attend because his team had lost just as St George had. Parra and St George thought that they were certainties to play the grand final that year.

The first try was all Prince. Great kick, great kick chase to make the first tackle and great pressure from dummy half and effort to force the knock on!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme